Vacuum routing question

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

Haven't been around in a while - been a lot going on. I've moved, started a new job - it's all been very stressful.

I now live in MD and can't get the Viper inspected because of a recurrent check engine light. I've gotten far enough to read a code of P1494 (which I have searched extensively on these forums already.) I also of course have my trusty service manuals. I got the panel off the rear wheel well (2000 GTS Coupe) and exposed the leak-detection pump. I opened my new vacuum gauge and quickly discovered that I have no vacuum entering the LDP.

This is where I'm getting stuck - does anyone know where that vacuum line runs to? (I mean, besides "the engine"?) I'm leary of just trying to put a vacuum gauge on it and sucking the crap out of it. I'd prefer to get to the other end and see what's going on.

If anyone can help/provide diagrams/what-not, I'd appreciate it. Hope all is going well with each of you.

Thanks.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made this discovery at 4pm on a Saturday, so no, I haven't called Tator yet. I thought maybe I could dig up something this weekend and try to make a repair over the Holiday.