Valentine One Radar Detector and Windshield Suction Cups

S

SUN RA KAT

I got my Valentine One radar detector yesterday from their factory in Cincinnati, Ohio.

My big question is: <font color="blue">How safe are the suction cups to the windshield to hold the Valentine One to the windshield without falling off?</font>

And this question: <font color="blue">Will the suction cups stay on the windshield and hold the Valentine One safely taking the Viper out and driving it like it was made to be driven? </font>

Enquiring minds want to know. :confused:

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have yet to have mine fall. Make sure you lick those cups good!
(cleaned and prepped inside window would be good too!) :D

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never had a problem, once its initially gripped for a few minutes its there to stay

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine hangs on fine through 1.5 sixty foots, mounted above the rearview mirror with the suction mount.

Chad

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine hangs fine from the cups, never a problem. The mount above the rear view mirror works the best, but the instructions say stay away from vertical radio antenna wires -- anyone had a problem, or noticeably better reception by moving it to the side?

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once it's stuck - it stays. I have yet to have the valentine fall after it's been stuck for a minute or so.

Sometimes when I take it right out of the glove box it takes a minute to get a good seal. But once it's stuck - it's stuck. BEST DANG detector in my opinion. It's saved my b* a few times already.......

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems with the cups.
Do avoid having the Valentine1 "look" forward through any tinted glass that may be at the very top of the windshield.

I did some testing and the tint will degrade the signal reception.
It will still work, just not as well.
Keep it below the tint area.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won't fall, once they have stuck, never a problem for years with either the Viper, 20,000 miles on an M5, a Q45 or many SUV's. The cups will wear out after a couple years, I have had it fall after being overconfident that it will stick after switching it when the cups were very well worn, But ONLY on initial placement, never from acceleration or cornering g forces. Just make sure it is stuck good before taking your hand away. Haing said that I've stupidly done that about 20 times and it has landed ******* the console of both the Q and the M5 with no harm. The thing is really tough. New suction cups are $2.00 a set on their web site. Just replace them when it starts to get hard to stick it and it will never fall, I just ordered 6 sets of cups yesterday. I'm gonna change em like you do smoke detector batteries before they wear out. That should not be more than once a year. $2.00 No Viper tax!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny, you don't deserve a V1, you don't drive fast enough for it to be any use needless to say worry about it falling off :D

That being said I've driven Willow Springs with it on and I didn't fall off, if you continuously take the cups on and off they will fail. I bought 10 extra sets at $1.00 a set :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

I've found that mounting it just below the mirror in both my Viper and my Ram truck is the best place for it.

I've also discovered you guys with the advice to wet the suction cups first are totally right - I couldn't get it to even get the slightest bit loose with some spirited driving in my Viper. Thanks. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4