Valve chatter?

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok guys I've noticed this since I bought the car 3 months ago. When cruising at low rpm , especially in 1st thru 3rd gear, the valve chatter is apparent. Not bad, and I don't think it's a problem, rather it's suppose to be this way. I mean, it's a V-10 not an in line 4. Just wanted to check with some other guys to see if you've noticed the same thing or if this is a problem? I have a 94 RT/10. Thnaks for any help! :2tu:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, the Valve chatter is quite noticeable on my car in the same ranges you mention. I keep feeling this overwhelming need to check my oil. The few times I have checked it, it's fine. Just gotta get used to it I guess.

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sitting here laughing my ass off... I was just about to post this same exact thing... I've got an 01 RT/10 syldog and I get the same thing... I don't think you have anything to worry about... That is unless I have something to worry about... :eek:

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's normal. Mine's quite loud (tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick). Been loud ever since I bought it 20,000 miles ago. No problems.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine does it too 01 GTS, it makes me super paranoid actually. It's not a injector tick either, I know what a injector tick sounds like. Maybe one day I'll actually get to ride in another one to compare it with. It surely comes from valvetrain area. Silly question when I add some T&D's will the sound get quieter or be more pronounced?