VCA Coupe Question

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the past regarding VCA auction cars or special editions, are they all spoken for or do you see them "pop up" after the event takes place and the winners take delivery. Just curious to see what has happened in the past. Thanks

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA special editions are usually produced in a fixed and limited quantity.

More members usually want them than are produced, so a formalized drawing is held. If your name is drawn, you get the chance to buy the car through the dealership of your choice. A waiting list is formed in case a winner is unable to perform.

All the winners are invited to a special "drive away" at a special event such as Barratt Jackson or VOI. There is usually special photography and ceremony to commemorate the occasion.

All are sold/delivered on one day.

New owners then have the option of driving their new Special Edition VCA Vipers home, or Dodge will ship them to the delivering dealership of their choice.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Hawker could not say it better.

Now as for them popping up, you will usually always see that right after delievery is taken for the people that think they can make a quick buck. It is so funny to watch because they just have not learned from the past instances and usually do not make money off of the car.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few questions...I gave up an option on one of the FE coupes because I was an idiot and had several issues going on with my corporation(like buying out a partner), building a house,...the list goes on... and I was concerned that the Gen IV viper would make the current coupe obsolete within two years. Does someone have real pictures of this car? What really is the interior color scheme? I am now seriously considering trading my SRT10 so how about some input DC? Since I live in Arizona there would be no problems with the delivery and me being there.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bob, Well you made Robert a happy guy. (I think he is partial to red though)

Anyway, I have a line on a FE blue white with gears, corsa, and filters that can be had for a great price - no sales tax. Local guy

But if you want RED you should have gotten an e-mail early today about a chance at one. Several are already here in Scottsdale. I'll e-mail you the pics. See you at Barrett

Marv

I have a few questions...I gave up an option on one of the FE coupes because I was an idiot and had several issues going on with my corporation(like buying out a partner), building a house,...the list goes on... and I was concerned that the Gen IV viper would make the current coupe obsolete within two years. Does someone have real pictures of this car? What really is the interior color scheme? I am now seriously considering trading my SRT10 so how about some input DC? Since I live in Arizona there would be no problems with the delivery and me being there.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv,

I was glad to help out Robert....my favorite color is blue but red seems to be the color for me when it comes to vipers. If you can get me some real pictures of this car, I would appreciate it...I want to make sure what the interior colors looks like...Mamba or something else...the all red Mamba interior was not much to my liking. I am thinking out coming to Phoenix this weekend so do you think you can allow me to get a first hand look at this car? I got the email so that is why I am responding to this thread.

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
I can get you a look first hand. There are about a dozen here in town now. Give me a call

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv,

You have my cell....I think I accidently deleted your cell phone number so call me.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheels.. tell me about the wheels !!!

If you have serveral there, then you can surely tell us what wheels they chose for the car?? H Pattern?

Also, any photos ??? com on boys.... do this for daddy ! :laugh:

Jon

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheels.. tell me about the wheels !!!

If you have serveral there, then you can surely tell us what wheels they chose for the car?? H Pattern?

Also, any photos ??? com on boys.... do this for daddy ! :laugh:

Jon

the wheels are 5 spoke

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
48VCA_50_red5.JPG

48VCA_50_red4.JPG

48VCA_50_red3.JPG

48VCA_50_red2.JPG

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do I get one of these if I'm NOT a vca member? I don't even know how to be a VCA member!!! I've had my yellow 05 for just over a year now, but i want one of these red/white ones BAD! Can my local dodge dlr pick one up for me?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I get one of these if I'm NOT a vca member? I don't even know how to be a VCA member!!! I've had my yellow 05 for just over a year now, but i want one of these red/white ones BAD! Can my local dodge dlr pick one up for me?

Call Viper Headquarters and ask if they are all taken and paid for. 1-800-998-1110. If that fails, watch this site, contact our supporting dealers and keep an eye on Ebay. If you want one bad enough, you'll get one.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesse.
Easy to become a member. At the top of this page is a "membership" button. Click on it, and you will find an application. Fill it out, and you are in.

Membership in the National VCA gives your automatic membership in your local/regional club. Really enhances the Viper ownership experiece

Red/white SRTC's going to be delivered next week at Barratt-Jackson auction event in Phoenix. Gonna be some happy people there for sure.

VCA National Board and Regional club Presidents will be there in force to add to the celebration.

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
The Big Red Group waiting for Saturday

48barrett_VCA_1.jpg

48Barrett_VCA_2.jpg

Photos by Joe P. of Ed Moses Dodge. Thanks, Joe

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: The Big Red Group waiting for Saturday

If it is like the first VCA Edition, a few didn't show up until just before the event. Not sure when these photos were taken, but there you go.

Also, I have heard that there is only ONE (1) unclaimed car which Ed Moses Dodge is going to sell locally to a VCA member. I am here in Phoenix and it should be a lot of fun this Saturday!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please post some pics of the Saturday event!

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Congratulations Everyone!

I understand the weather is absolutely awesome!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, were any of you guys who posted you wanted to buy one of these after the raffle, able to do so? If so, how about a few details.