VCA Dues Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why was the topic about the vca dues deleted? from what i read (up to my post) it had some good input, constructive criticism, and positive points illustrated.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still a paying member until next year and I also would like to know why the thread was CENSORED.
it will seems that the moderators can't deal with criticism and their answer is to censor what they don't like.

Will it be too much to ask who did it and more importantly why?

For those that missed the censored thread,it was about what we get for the $100 membership and should we or not be a member of the VCA.

Obviously the administrators didn't like the fact that some peoples dare to question the value of the membership.
Luc.
00GTS
03SRT

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It WAS a reasonable and intelligent discussion! I have NEVER complained, but can VCA members kindly CONTINUE to post and read comments and opinions that may differ with those of the moderators? When is enough is enough? <FONT size="5">!</FONT s>

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, if thats the true reason why it was deleted then some individuals have issues and they damnn sure shouldnt be in a position of control or moderation. input, constructive criticism and discussion are vital to growth and improvement, period.

i for one thought it was a well put post, i do not know what was posted beyond mine so i can only comment to that point and i feel to that point (at least) it was all done in good taste.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This topic, like many, comes up every six months or so. It may have been deleted because it was critical of the VCA...so what? Or it may have been deleted because the mods thought it was redundant...so what?

We may never know.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, good thing I get to work at 6AM so I was able to read all of the updates before the yanking. Why would they pull that one anyway?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't so much the issue of Dues $, it was the issue of special access - or LACK OF - to DC engineering personnel for Viper-specific aftermarket product development. The simple fact is that some of the previous Officer Corps of the VCA can't deliver on promises to Members in Good Standing. Hence, we see the invocation of VCA BBS Standard Operating Procedure #1: When they have you on the run, kill the thread and deny it ever existed.

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a brilliant example of why I'm not renewing my membership. I just can't support a group that handles criticism by silencing viewpoints.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bsflag[1].gif
That is ridiculous! There was no ****** laguage, name calling or the like. Who will be the next group to be banned?

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silverviper,

You are right on.
The moderator,censor is more correct,that removed this thread,don't even have the brain to realize that censoring is not a solution to a problem,nor the b%$#s to explain why he did it.

By doing so (censoring) he his doing more damage to the membership issue than all the criticism in those posts could have done .

Luc.
00GTS
03SRT

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well mr dean I know that one was for me so here is what transpired with mr brunton:

Mike sends me an e-mail that he needs access to PVO drawings on the SRT/10 so he can further develop aftermarket parts for it. At this point Mike does not mention that he is not a VCA member. I forward the e-mail to PVO In hopes of a response. I have Mike call me to further explain what he needs, since I have and will never understand any automotive technical jargon, and Mike calls me. He explains all kinds of neat things, and I then call PVO to try and fill their ears before I forget what it is about. At that point John Fernandez himself tells me that PVO is going to have one dedicated person working with outside vendors and suppliers. At the time of the call that person is TBD. I let Mike know that they have his e-mail and will get a hold of him as soon as they assign the person.

All this was done with me under the impression that Mike is a VCA member, since everyone spoke well of him and since he was so active.

Now, Mike makes it known he IS NOT A MEMBER. Great. To that I say, "go the route of all the other non-members and approach Dodge or PVO on your own". I have no obligation to make in roads for people that have nothing to do with the VCA. And in this particular case, with the way I view Mike's actions and attitude, I am thrilled that I did inform those involved that HE IS NOT PART OF THE VCA AND SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED AS SUCH.

But I must say this venue is invaluable in learning what people are all about, since one of the PVO people who initially got the e-mail is in disbelief that I ever initiated the contact. I will guarantee that in the future, unless I have a verified VCA number, that I will not assist anyone in making contact with Dodge or PVO.

There are multiple ways to do things. The VCA has and will be a road map for it's members.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SLITHRN:
This is why we call this site www.viperclub.morgue, its really gone downhill with hardly any activity.

Anyone see the Banned Members new banner, Pretty funny.

You must be registered for see images

PS: I give this post less than 30 minutes now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would really be funnier if they could spell...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

That is the most succinct reply I've ever seen you make. Thank you. BTW, a person's name should always begin with a capital letter. You got "Mike" and "PVO" and "Fernandez" right, so I'm sure that getting my name wrong was a simple mistake, not any sort of personal snipe. Right?

Janni,

The misspelling in the banner is intentional. BOCK BOCK!
Misspelling of the word "sponsor" is something that just happens. I'm a good speller and I make mistakes too.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Mr Ferguson,

As a ex NP,you must be aware of the "Statment of Purpose" in the VCA by-laws.

Quote:

To be a UNIFIED voice for Viper OWNERS

The club should be non-sectarian and non-partisan

TO ACT AS A LIASON BETWEEN DODGE AND VIPERS OWNERS

So when you state:"..I have no obligations to make in roads for peoples that have nothing to do with the VCA.." you seems to disagree with your own club purposes.

Luc.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unified would be MEMBERS who have elected to be together, not individuals.

Did I not act as a Liason when I spoke and sent an e-mail on his behalf?

And this occurred when I WAS NOT VCA NP, but a VCA member.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 46hemi:
WOW, good thing I get to work at 6AM so I was able to read all of the updates before the yanking.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be so sure about that; some people do their best yanking before 6 am.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll be moving this topic to off-topic as it does not relate to the RT/10 specifically (Although it seems to have wandered significantly from it's original question of "dues").

For informational purposes the current dues structure routes $55 to the members designated home region, $25 goes to cover the members VIPER Magazine subscription, and the remaining $20 provides partial support for the National administrative functions i.e. mailings, 800 number, and personal supporting these two areas at JRThompson company. So in a way the "national" part of the dues are $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.