VCA membership

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a Viper. I can rejoin. A lot of other good car guys used to own one and can't join. Most car clubs allow non owners to join. It is a great way to get extra revenue and grow the number of Viper purchases. The Shelby club says "Enthusiasm is the only requirement." I think it would help SRT sell more cars. When I bought my Gen 4 I let a bunch of people drive it, like Paul Hawker. 3 or 4 bought one because of it. Now I wouldn't let every stranger drive mine, but would give them a ride. To remember. Thoughts?

Last edited:

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see no problem. Hey you can have a favorite music group and be a fan. You don't have to be a member of the band.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been pointed out before but given the current disarray and controversy I don't think this will be looked at any time soon.

OP
OP
S

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured the fairly recent bylaw changes might be undone, so maybe try to add this in. If, for example, we gave rides to kids during slalom events(insurance is meant to be used:)) we could start Viper addicts early.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This topic has been discussed on both a national and regional level. Please talk to your local club officers. In our Virginia/Maryland/Delaware region we welcome any and all Viper owners to participate in our local events regardless of membership.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This topic has been discussed on both a national and regional level. Please talk to your local club officers. In our Virginia/Maryland/Delaware region we welcome any and all Viper owners to participate in our local events regardless of membership.

I can vouch for that. I felt welcome even after i let my membership go.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

It's nice for those on the fence. I know when I first got my Viper and considered joining I was hesitant because I've been in a few car clubs and was generally getting pretty bored since they tend to just do the same stuff all the time. Getting to hang out with the club a few times to get my feet wet before I made a decision was helpful. After meeting everyone and having a few conversations I was hooked.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We (So Cal) always warmly welcomed any non-VCA members to test the waters by coming to events. I'm glad MoparMap had the same experience!

F

FrgMstr

I am a member of the local Solstice club too. :) Those guys love to drive the twisties!

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the very least past/current owners who are not paying members should be referred to as Alumni. To call a past owner or member a enthusiast seems to be a way to shame them for not joining the club. People who sold their cars can't become members anyway. Information given by an Alumni would carry a lot more credibility.

OP
OP
S

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An ex Viper owner can be an asset, and I'd love to see them able to join. Just because they stepped down to a Ford GT or a Lambo doesn't mean we can't hang.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the very least past/current owners who are not paying members should be referred to as Alumni. To call a past owner or member a enthusiast seems to be a way to shame them for not joining the club. People who sold their cars can't become members anyway. Information given by an Alumni would carry a lot more credibility.
Great idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi