VCA Option

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope everyone is well!

I am new to the Viper Club of America. I am a Prowler and 59 Corvette owner and recently sold my Cobra Replica. I am presently in the market for a 2003-2006 Viper.

Questions:
-Were the VCA Special Edition Cars higher priced than regular Vipers when purchased new?
-My plan is to purchase a 2005 SCA Yellow Viper. Is the SCA Viper the same color as regular same year viper...yellow shade?

Thanks for your support!

Great Club!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome.

Same Yellow

The VCA and VOI option packages DID have a price associated with them.....and in the case of the '05 Yellow, 50 only, you were "supposed" to pick it up in Dallas at VOI-8. A drawing of 127 "Wanna-Buys" was held to determine who actually got to order one of the 47 retail; 3 promos...

It even Included a matching polo shirt! Note: The Black-Smoke Tinted wheels have been 'trouble' if damaged. Im sure an owner with a Monroni nearby can remind us what that '05 option cost? PBR?

Some other trivia tidbits:

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...ellow-fever-what-do-you-think-will-worth.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...vca-yellow-will-hold-its-value-like-gtsr.html

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the cost for the VCA Edition was around $4400 to $4500 retail , so yes it was definitely an increase to the vehicle's bottom line ( code for the upgrade was AVA ).

Whether one car will be worth more than another always will spur debate and personal opinion, but considering that this was only done for VCA members and it is in a highly popular color to many, common sense says it will likely appeal to broad band of Viper faithful. With some of it's unique options, most feel it is worth more than the other 05s, and low numbers always ensures demand. Good luck on your quest, and yes it is the same yellow as done on the convential model of that year.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang