VCA Raffle car just arrived at Woodhouse!!!

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My comment was made mostly in jest. But instigated by growing concerns that there could be issues with the raffle process. Do I think previous raffles were "rigged"? No. Is it possible that previous raffles were not operated properly? I don't know the answer to that. But some of the info coming out lately suggests that it might be a good idea to check it out. That's all I am saying. Thank you for your professional replies Bill P.;)

I just want to say that my apology was more eloquent.... if I may say so myself..... not to say yours was any worse......( no offense)

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I don't question your hand in it all. But, the fact the venue has changed and there are no comments from the VCA to what is going on, is - honestly, throwing a red flag in my mind. Malfeasance? I don't think so, but I am not the only one who bought and is having concern. A lot of money has been collected and a quite expensive prize is on the line.

This is one of those "get out in front of it" situations. The fact no one from the VCA has made a statement on any of it, isn't kosher.

The trolls are just trolling with respects to prior raffles.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I don't question your hand in it all. But, the fact the venue has changed and there are no comments from the VCA to what is going on, is - honestly, throwing a red flag in my mind. Malfeasance? I don't think so, but I am not the only one who bought and is having concern. A lot of money has been collected and a quite expensive prize is on the line.

This is one of those "get out in front of it" situations. The fact no one from the VCA has made a statement on any of it, isn't kosher.

How dare you question the fine integrity of the VCA !!! You should be ashamed of your self and your behavior !!! doing such you appear as a TROLL yourself !!

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to say that my apology was more eloquent.... if I may say so myself..... not to say yours was any worse......( no offense)
lol, I cant argue that point. I said what I said because I am pissed. I spent money on the earlier raffles with the assumption that everything was being ran properly. To now learn that this MAY NOT have been the case upsets me. Maybe it was all proper, maybe it wasn't. I don't know. IMHO it should be checked out. Thats all I'm saying or implying.

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as a side note, 2600 tickets at somewhere around 100$ a piece. maybe math isn't my strong suit, but isn't that $260,000? if so, I am curious with the car being lets say 125k. that leaves 135k$. now granted I know that a set of tires get thrown out and something else. but surely those other two prizes don't come anywhere near the 135k left in the bank. and I would also bet that a deal below MSRP was done for the car. can anyone who knows some of the facts talk about that? perhaps Mr. P

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as a side note, 2600 tickets at somewhere around 100$ a piece. maybe math isn't my strong suit, but isn't that $260,000? if so, I am curious with the car being lets say 125k. that leaves 135k$. now granted I know that a set of tires get thrown out and something else. but surely those other two prizes don't come anywhere near the 135k left in the bank. and I would also bet that a deal below MSRP was done for the car. can anyone who knows some of the facts talk about that? perhaps Mr. P

Mr. P should NOT respond since he is not organizing the raffle, the VCA is. Therefore you need to ATTACK the correct party, in this case you need to ATTACK the raffle organizers who are the VCA. Thanks for not shooting first but asking questions first instead.....

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured he could comment on what the likely cost of the car is...first step of chasing the numbers. nothing more.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured he could comment on what the likely cost of the car is...first step of chasing the numbers. nothing more.

I am just here to help the Viper community.... I am with you brother, and thank you for your service to our great country !!!

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me be clear....you and no one else get's an apology. I have not said anything against chrysler/SRT. so to say I'm slandering them is just stupid, hell, I own 4 dodges for crying out loud.

LOL Yeah, I think we're all pretty clear on that... Now go get in one of those Dodge's and flog the **** out of it, works for me anyway...

V

VCA Forum Staff

Mr. P should NOT respond since he is not organizing the raffle, the VCA is. Therefore you need to ATTACK the correct party, in this case you need to ATTACK the raffle organizers who are the VCA. Thanks for not shooting first but asking questions first instead.....

Please lets not "ATTACK" anyone. The thread seems to be geting off topic a bit. Please lets get it back on topic. The topic being the arrival of the raffle car at woodhouse and the pictures posted of said car. We have forwarded this thread onto the national officers and asked them to respond as soon as possible.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

THAT.... is a reasonable post. And Mark, cut the **** for a second, ok? Nobody is accusing anybody else of any wrong doing but for pete's sake, a red flag is a red flag. Expecting someone from the VCA to say something, especially in lieu of the fact that the drawing is tomorrow, is NOT unreasonable, much less accusational. I don't care if the d@mn sky is falling on the VCA leadership, they can take 2 minutes to let us know something. Am I worried? No, I am not, and I don't think ViperSmith is either. But in the light of what has been posted regarding the raffle, and sorry, Bill, you know I have nothing but respect for you, Woodhouse pulling out in the 11th hour, we just want a little reassurance from the people responsible for putting on the raffle that all is OK.

Last edited:

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the raffle doesn't happen, and refunds have to be sent, and the Marshalls have large golden parachutes in their contracts, the smart thing may to be let the club go bankrupt, and reboot a club with SRT.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. When I was looking for a good low mile used '96 B/W I talked to Bill Pemberton and when I found a good one on this site, I bought it with his great, free recommendation. I still have it. When I wanted to buy a Gen 4, Bill was great, and when some dealers were marking up the first few he wasn't. His integrity is superb.

Last edited:

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I and the VCA Board of Directors know all of you are excited about the raffle, as are we!

We (the VCA Board) have only recently been made aware of the details, and are meeting with our VCA legal counsel this evening. We are optimistic that we will resolve any issues in time for the raffle, and expect it to be fine.

Regards,

Randall Arnold
National Vice President Viper Club of America

And on behalf of the Viper Club of America Board of Directors

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm truly surprised that you could be holding a quarter million dollar raffle and "only recently been aware of the details". The meeting with the VCA legal counsel would have been more effective before the raffle, not the night before. Who, then, was responsible for the raffle initially?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I and the VCA Board of Directors know all of you are excited about the raffle, as are we!

We (the VCA Board) have only recently been made aware of the details, and are meeting with our VCA legal counsel this evening. We are optimistic that we will resolve any issues in time for the raffle, and expect it to be fine.

Regards,

Randall Arnold

Just clarify if possible, which state is conducting the drawing? Is it licensed? Will all *** be present? Will it be video taped or be sreamed live so we all can watch?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I suggest giving them a chance to sort it out. The raffle is supposed to be tomorrow, so we will know soon enough. I bought a bunch of tickets myself and am also concerned, but it doesn't do any good to keep rehashing the same concerns. Give them the opportunity to make things right.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom V, actually he just released new information, and I'm questioning him on that, it is no rehash. Are you not surprised that they "have only recently been made aware of the details", and only now are going to their legal counsel? Since they just learned they details, it seems to be a good time to ask who did the raffle, if they didn't.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regards,

Randall Arnold

see how nice it can be when everyone just gets along and respects each other ..... ( a bit boring though)

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does take a little time to gather facts (esp if anything material had been kept from anyone - does this sound familiar????), sort through options, and consult with attorneys (as stated). it's easy to copy / paste from the internet, but a little harder to actually "do".

I am hopeful that the raffle will continue based on the above and I'm okay giving the team until after they meet tonight with the attorney. Appreciate the update. It's not 100% complete - but at least it's an update and folks are working on it, right?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom V, actually he just released new information, and I'm questioning him on that, it is no rehash. Are you not surprised that they "have only recently been made aware of the details", and only now are going to their legal counsel? Since they just learned they details, it seems to be a good time to ask who did the raffle, if they didn't.

I hear you, mistakes were made and your questions are valid. It's fair to say that the pressure on them is sufficient that they are likely doing everything they can to ensure the raffle is held on schedule and the winner gets the car. I'm going to give them the opportunity to make things right, I don't think more pressure at this point is going to change anything.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does take a little time to gather facts (esp if anything material had been kept from anyone - does this sound familiar????), sort through options, and consult with attorneys (as stated). it's easy to copy / paste from the internet, but a little harder to actually "do".

I am hopeful that the raffle will continue based on the above and I'm okay giving the team until after they meet tonight with the attorney. Appreciate the update. It's not 100% complete - but at least it's an update and folks are working on it, right?

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the update, Randall...

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All well and good by the response, but I distinctly remembered someone asking whether the raffle was licensed more than a month ago...and then that question went ******. Not impressed about the missing licensing requirement(?) since this raffle had been done many times before.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the raffle doesn't happen, and refunds have to be sent, and the Marshalls have large golden parachutes in their contracts, the smart thing may to be let the club go bankrupt, and reboot a club with SRT.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. When I was looking for a good low mile used '96 B/W I talked to Bill Pemberton and when I found a good one on this site, I bought it with his great, free recommendation. I still have it. When I wanted to buy a Gen 4, Bill was great, and when some dealers were marking up the first few he wasn't. His integrity is superb.

I am hoping to buy my next ACR from Bill. Oh, I forgot they haven't said they are producing another ACR, well, anyway IF they produce another ACR I want to buy from Bill.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth