VCA South Florida Trip to Smokey Mountains, October 22-27, 2009

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took that Friday off work today, so count me in for 1 car and 2 people. Staying in a cabin in Pigeon Forge with some of the other GA guys, but planning on doing all the group activities/drives. Going home Sunday afternoon. I can't wait!

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if I can make this work. I would have a couple of days to play (22nd and the 23rd). I don't know if I'm up for driving 8hrs to Savannah, hooking up with the caravan for one night and then driving back for another 8hrs.

Anyone else from South Florida (VPR HLR) got similar plans, or are you doing the full tour? My phone is always on if anyone down here wants to hook up, then or any other time. 239-877-4280.

Bob

Bob, is there a way you can make the Monday Tuesday ride instead? The roads will be much more interesting and most unforgettable.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SMOKEY MOUNTAIN VIPER TRIP
DINNER RESERVATIONS

We have made dinner reservations at the following restaurants and need your immediate response as to how many of you and your guests will be attending each dinner. In order to accommodate our large group, please respond by e-mail to Dave Ivler no later than this Thursday the 15th [email protected].

We’re going to have an awesome Viper time!

Thursday, October 22

The Pink House Restaurant, Savannah, Georgia - 8:30 pm

Savannah’s only 18th Century Mansion. With antiques and ancestor paintings, and fireplaces aglow in every room, the Olde Pink House is the ultimate Savannah setting for world - renowned elegant Southern cuisine. Two huge brick hearths, leather sofas, polished brass and massive dark oak ceiling beams provide a dramatic setting in the Planters Tavern, Savannah’s most popular nightspot for live music. Many guests believe they have encountered friendly ghosts in this, circa 1771, national historic landmark.

Friday, October 23

The Grove Park Inn, Asheville, North Carolina – 8:30 pm
Seafood Buffet in the Blue Ridge Dining Room
www.groveparkinn.com

Saturday, October 24

BBQ Feast at Valley View Lodge, Townsend, Tennessee

This is our host motel and the perfect place to relax, talk, eat, and sleep after a long day of cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway. Note: Townsend is a dry town and you will need to provide your own alcohol beverages if you like.

Sunday, October 25

Townsend Steakhouse, Townsend, Tennessee – 8:30 pm

A fantastic local steakhouse personally run by the owner and his family. Great food and wonderful, friendly service. Note: Townsend is a dry town and you will need to provide your own alcohol beverages if you like.

Monday, October 26

Calhoun’s Restaurant, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee – 8:30 pm

www.calhouns.com/calhSite.shtml

Tuesday, October 27

Farewell breakfast at Grandma’s Kitchen, Wears Valley, Tennessee 9:00 am

Please make plans to join South Florida VCA member Blair Retchin at his favorite breakfast restaurant down the mountain from his beautiful cabin. Grandma always cooks a great southern meal !

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run into that problem occasional when booking groups. Hotels like to leave "some" rooms available at regular rates. Especially in the mtns during peak seasons. Hopefully your member was able to jump on your group rate. Sometimes they'll have unadvertised on-line rates that are cheaper than the group rate. Go figure:dunno:

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run into that problem occasional when booking groups. Hotels like to leave "some" rooms available at regular rates. Especially in the mtns during peak seasons. Hopefully your member was able to jump on your group rate. Sometimes they'll have unadvertised on-line rates that are cheaper than the group rate. Go figure:dunno:

Yes that's true. The crazy thing is that they say their all booked, but that place is huge. there's no way they could have filled every room. Well, that I can imagine.

Have the leaves started changing colors yet? Cause if not, I'm post-poning the trip until they do!! JK :)

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the leaves started changing colors yet? Cause if not, I'm post-poning the trip until they do!! JK :)

Starting to change a little. We live just west of Nashville. It's going to be in the 30's this weekend. BRRRRR! So I'm gonna guess it's gonna be cool in E. TN too. That ought to help them change :2tu:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is going to be in the 30's I am screwed. This is the reason I do not travel to Yankeeland in the winter. I am still looking for my cruise control switch and now I have to find the heater?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is going to be in the 30's I am screwed. This is the reason I do not travel to Yankeeland in the winter. I am still looking for my cruise control switch and now I have to find the heater?

That's THIS weekend. Next weekend I think there forecasting mid 60's :2tu: btw, not everything north of FL is "yankeeland" :). It's a little bit further north "yonder ways" pert near them thar northeners

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many Viper nuts have made reservations for Tenn?

Ivan please call me. Again your voice mail is full. You need to get all these young HoHo's that call you to leave shorter messages.

If you are thinking about a name change this one will work for you-IvanHoMaster:omg:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am excited about our adventure and tomorrow is the big day. I will be in Daytona around noon. We are leaving Daytona at 2PM sharp. Our next stop will be in Savannah. Dan Cobra is going to hook up with us just north of Jacksonville in his TT Porsche for the first leg of the trip:2tu:

:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4