VEC 2 results

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, its Saturday. I know alot of you guys with the new VEC2s will be dynoing today. Let's see some numbers!

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Opnwide. Brought my car to Chucks today. Will be installing Vec2 and Jessel rockers. I dynoed my car completely heat soaked,drove to dyno let idle had car running while it was being straped down. It put down 415hp 451tq. I have smooth tubes,hi flo cats and Corsa exhaust. Next Saturday will redyno same way. Will post results!!!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear the results and see the graph.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, Chucks has his hands in my car as we speak. I should get the car back on Sat. Will post results as soon as I get them!!!!

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before and after results would be most helpful in demonstrating the gains. Listing your mods would also be of interest.

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 Rt/10 TNT 555 cam, Port Pros' heads, B&B headers, no cats, 1.7 Jesel rockers, corsa exhaust, Roe throttle bodies, 3" rear air box, 3" smooth tubes...made 484.2 hp before and 498.1 tq before, it hits 420 ftlbs of torque before 1800 rpm and climbs real nice from there...

Kyle Kaupert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is the one that txlen is referring to. Len mistakenly referred to an old dyno sheet as the baseline. The 484/498 dyno numbers were achieved in October when the car still had the TNT 555 heads on it. The car as currently configured has new heads that flow somewhat better. On Saturday, with this configuration, and the VEC2 at stock (zero) tune, we made 509 hp and 526 lbs/ft of torque on the first dyno pull. On our last dyno pull, we made 523 hp and 562 lbs/ft of torque. Thus, the peak gains were actually +14/+36.

While these numbers may not sound impressive, I would like to mention that the engine ran very lean (A/F around 14 to 1) on the first pull. On the last pull, the engine ran around 13 to 1. So we were able to increase power and run fatter on the top end. Unfortunately, I do not have the dyno sheets in front of me, nor do I have the ability to scan and post the sheets.

As Len said, he, David Weaver (who helped us with the tuning and who provided the use of his dyno), and I all think we can get more out of it; we simply ran out of time. David and Len are still learning the ins and outs of the naturally aspirated VEC2 software. I would like to add that, when David and Len had questions, Sean Roe answered his phone and was available. There is no question that Sean takes a personal interest in the results that his products produce.

We will, as Len said, try to get back up to Austin this weekend and spend more time on the dyno. We will post the results that follow.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per some of the early dyno results, it appeared that a lot more was gained under the curve rather than just in peak power. It would be interesting to hear some of the gains at a few points along the curve if you can't post the whole dyno sheet to see if that holds true on a car with head work.

Also, any comments on general drivability improvements, if any?

--- Ken

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kyle is absolutely right!!..i looked at the wrong sheet!!..sorry guys!!...and it really picks up in the middle of the power band!!..i'll see if i can get a sheet up on it..but we think there's still 10-15 more hp to be made and prob 20 or more tq...

Kyle Kaupert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove it from Austin to San Antonio in a monsoon after we finished at the dyno Saturday. I have had little opportunity to drive it since then. This much I can tell you, however. Off idle, the throttle response seems to be quicker, and in low-speed, low-RPM driving, the drivability is every bit as good as it was before. In one respect, in fact, it is better. Before Len installed the VEC2, I had the infamous "hanging idle" whenever I had my foot off of the throttle @ 1750 RPM. Now, I do not have the problem.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is probably the most common location. It is the silver box on top of the toe box. The red plexiglass covers a nitrous controller I built.

96VEC2_.jpg

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks alot man, im gettin one friday and i wanted to see what it looked like

David Weaver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TXLen will be here with the car shortly and we will see what we else we can accomplish with the VEC2. I posted the graphs over at the alley under RT/GTS discussions, title is VEC2 NA results. I also posted a thread there titled: AEM NA results with dyno graphs. I don't know how to post pics here but someone send me a PM and I will get the graphs over to you. DW

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960