Vec1 is it worth it??

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it worth it? I plan on doing headers and a cam and maybe taking the cats out. Will it work with my future mods?? Exaust and smooth tubes and K&Ns are on the car already :D

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have your current mods, and i easily noticed the increase in power. If not for the power, i would think that fine tuning the fuel timing would be better for the car anyway. As far as your future mods are concerned, im not really sure.

S

SUN RA KAT

I sure thought so, and now that I have a VEC2, I'm going to have the VEC1 installed on my modded out Ram truck rather than selling it.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the thing, will it work well with the headers and cam? Cause if not I wont bother with it :crazy:

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nat your car wont need it believe me :eek: I got spanked by that car so badly it wasnt even funny :eek: That thing bone stock dynoes at 420+ rwhp :eek:

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dyno'd before and after. I just don't gun-n-run. I actually placed a Wide band O2 on the header **** and did air/fuel readings at the RPM's and graphed. This was all done on a DynoJet.

The power is smoother and maybe a little more useable. But did it add HP? Answer=NO. Not even one HP in my application.

Is it worth it? You decide.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Jerry,

Can you e-mail or fax me the dyno graphs from your VEC1 test, along with the settings used and mods to the car? I'd like to study them and see if I can help you get some more power. Most Viper make their biggest gains in the midrange (below the peaks). Typically, the peak #'s usually go up also, though not as much. We occasionally hear of larger gains on modded engines.

Best regards,
Sean

(904) 733-5469 fax
[email protected]

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought so, if for nothing else the increased throttle reponsiveness and quicker acceleration, plus the midrange increase where the viper typically drops off.....Now on for the VEC2

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difference?

What is the difference between VEC1 and VEC2? Thanks in advance.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Difference?

Sean,
I need to find the Dyno files for emailing. The only problem is that I don't have marks on the Dyno sheets compared to where the VEC1 was set.

Let me say this, during the last Dyno competition, I came home with the trophy.

My current configuration is Belanger Headers, KN/Smooth, Borla, RandomFlow Cat, VEC1.