VEC2 chip

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good morning all

I will be passing close to RSI in the Houston area. I don't have a lot of time...can't leave the car overnight or anything...

Would it be worth investing in a VEC2 chip and having the car tuned (while I wait). Has anybody just added this type of chip and benefited in terms of better fuel economy or in any other way.

Thank you as always for your generous responses.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VEC2 is not a chip but rather a computer that is connected in series with your stock PCM. Gains in hp and torque are realized even on a stock Viper especially under the curve. Talk to Sean at Roe Racing for details.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a VEC2 and a laptop you can do a lot of things. You can increase your HP and reduce your fuel consumption.

For instance when I race with my fellow Vipers usualy I tune my viper to run in the 14 AFR so nobody can overtake me.

When I ride on long trips on hwy I tune my AFR into the 16. I can tell you that I beat everybody in fuel economy. However I have troubles in the vacuum-boost transition. I have already a fix ready to install.

VEC2 is like a video game for adults ... Lot of fun to tune it and ride it.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
short answer: yes. Do it. I tuned a bone stock viper from low 40x hp and 430tq to 445hp and 475tq. well worth the time and money. plus, it gives you the flexibility to do additional mods with ease.

I definitely recommend it!

JD

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi