vec2 question

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II install is about 15 minutes if you've done it before. Gen I looked to be a bit more of a hassle. 1 hr for the inexperienced to hook it up to the GenII. Definitely a good move.

Good luck!

JD

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what about programing it? Can you do it by yourself or do you need a tech? Do you have pre-programed setup or do you have to program everything?
In an '96 RT, would it be difficult to install as it is a Gen1.5?
Thanks.

JohninFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang: I just put one in my Gen 3 and is was pretty much simple but pain in the a--. The biggest issue is cutting the 10 wire harness and wiring up the new 10 pin male and female to place in line. The rest is cake.

Roe sends you two cards (one with the stock fuel map ) and one with an upgraded optimized map based upon your cars mods (or lack thereof). You can then create an unlimited variety of your own maps via a link to a laptop and blank cards to swap into the unit. The fuel map and timing alteration thing is not an area I feel comfortable with so I just use Roes performance map. No dyno yet before and after but Seat of Pants is very positive. Nicely made unit that is easy to take with you when selling and buying a new snake as well. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine