VEC2 System Updates With Multi-Channel Logging Now Available...

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
After many months of development and testing, we're happy to announce that the latest VEC2 software and firmware is now available.
The new software is Version 3.5.0. It has fully functional real time multi-channel logging, viewing of the active fuel / ignition cells, no "bugs" in the system, 3D map viewing and can be linked to the VEC2 to make changes via laptop while driving.
To utilize all that the new software can do will require firmware version 5.79.
We have available a firmware loader program and cable, so you can update your VEC2 system(s) without sending the box(es) in.
The same cable will be used to link to the VEC2 for logging and direct communication.
The firmware loader program and firmware files can be e-mailed.
We also have additional input leads available, as the new logging system allows you to input several sensors into the VEC2 in order to aid in your tuning. Complete instructions are available.
There is no charge for any of the updates. If we have to mail you something, the only charge will be S&H as applicable.
If you purchased the VEC2 system and or software and would like to receive the software updates, loader / logging cable and input leads, please contact us at your convenience.
If you have a Roe Racing Supercharger system and received the VEC2 as part of it, but would like to own the VEC2 software with logging, it is available at $199 and comes with complete technical and dyno tuning support.
We have been continually striving to make the VEC2 all that it can be and we appreciate your patronage, patience and support.
Regards,
Sean
www.roeracing.com
(904) 529-1219

PS, Sorry I haven't been on the boards in the past month or two. Life has become very busy.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Sean,

this winter my Gen I will be going in shop for Head Gaskets (precautionary) new ROller Rockers, your own side exahuast upgrade (will buy from you) with most likely some belanger headers. Will the Vec 2 do anything for me, does it work with a Gen I, Most guys I think that have gen I have the older Vec I.

thanks in advance

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi JW,

The VEC2 works well on engines "when" the stock PCM programming is not optimized. From our experience, the 1992-1995 RT/10's have pretty good factory programming. Yes, there's some power that can be gained, but it's more in the 15-20 RWHP range as opposed to the large gains we're seeing on the Gen3's where they're picking up 40 to 50 RWHP and 60 to 80 RWTQ in the midrange (3,500-5,000).
The newer the Viper, the more conservative the factory PCM programming is. The corporate policy for tuning is very strict and that's why the aftermarket tuning products like the VEC2 work so well.
In your particular application, I would suggest going to a dyno and doing a couple pulls with air / fuel monitoring. Speak with the dyno operator about the air / fuel ratio and nature of the graphs to see what they think. You can also fax them to us and we can tell you how close to optimal it is. The optimal air / fuel ratio for naturally aspirated is typically about 12.8 to 13.0. We can look at the torque curve and let you know if the timing can be improved or not.

Regards,
Sean

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just upgraded my early VEC 2(must have been #3 or 4) and the difference is REMARKABLE!!!

My S/C'd GEN2 now runs as smooth as when it ws N/A! All hic-ups and hesitation are GONE!

This last upgrade is a VAST improvement. You'll all give yourselves a great holiday gift by getting this done.

Kudos to Sean (and Chuck Tator) for continuing to better his products and tend to his/their customers.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Is there a possibility to link a wide band Oxygen sensor to this new upgrade so it can dynamically tune the AFR ?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The current system can log a wideband sensor input, but cannot alter its injector pulsewidth according to the the voltage value. However, testing of new firmware and software that allows the user to program in a specific air / fuel ratio and have the VEC2 maintain it began about 2 months ago.

Regards,
Sean

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current system can log a wideband sensor input, but cannot alter its injector pulsewidth according to the the voltage value. However, testing of new firmware and software that allows the user to program in a specific air / fuel ratio and have the VEC2 maintain it began about 2 months ago.

Regards,
Sean
That is a great idea that I could really use. I have the VecII and the AEM wideband.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
However, testing of new firmware and software that allows the user to program in a specific air / fuel ratio and have the VEC2 maintain it began about 2 months ago.

Sean, that looks really interesting. I have some questions.

You mean that this new version of VEC2 will take the input from a wideband oxygen sensor ?

When do you plan to release this new version ?

Will it be difficult to change the older VEC2 for this configuration ?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, when do you expect the software for the paeudo dyno to be ready.

Thanks
John

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sean, that looks really interesting. I have some questions.

You mean that this new version of VEC2 will take the input from a wideband oxygen sensor ?

When do you plan to release this new version ?

Will it be difficult to change the older VEC2 for this configuration ?

The system with a programmable target air / fuel ratio is in the testing phases at the moment. It makes the system more of a "stand alone" engine management system and would not be OBD2 compatible, where the current system is. We'll see how testing goes before making any further plans.

In regard to the dyno portion of the logging software, we disabled it until it's finished. When it's ready, we'll put a link to our site here . I don't know how soon it will be.

Regards,
Sean

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, Is this new version 3.5.0 now standard with the SC package replacing the old VEC2 if I were to buy one today?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, any VEC2 going out, whether it's a stand alone or with a Supercharger, gets the newest software and firmware.

Regards,
Sean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang