VECII vs Flashing PCM

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it depend on your setup? I was trying to determine if flashing would be the better of the two for a N/A setup w/ mods. Thanks :)

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your planning to boost go VEC, if your done modding go flash, if your planning to TT go AEM, if you bleed cash go motec

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who can flash your Viper? Is it just Dodge dealership Viper techs and Viper tuners?

Dan Cragin Motorsports is the only company I know of that can/will flash your PCM to alter the A/F and timing maps. He's the only one I've ever seen advertise this service anyway.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who can flash your Viper? Is it just Dodge dealership Viper techs and Viper tuners?

Dan Cragin Motorsports is the only company I know of that can/will flash your PCM to alter the A/F and timing maps. He's the only one I've ever seen advertise this service anyway.

West Coast Vipers offers the service also. There is also a guy in Detroit that does it (he may be the guy who does it for DC but I have no confirmation).

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure what dan does is good, but it cant be as good as having a VEC2 on the car and tuning it that way. there's no way.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What software is used to flash the PCM with? My corvette tuner does tunes by reflashing the PCM for all applications, whether it be SC, TT, or NA. I can't imagine the Viper being any different if there is software that you can get to flash PCMs with.

How would one get a hold of the software needed to reflash the PCM?

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KepRight has it right IMO.

With flashing or the AEM both fuel and timing can be modified, in closed and open loop mode(WOT). The VECII is intended for open loop tweaking although there are others here that will disagree with that.

To get the most HP from a reflash do a baseline dyno pull first. Dan C can optimize the program based on the dyno info.

Install a wideband O2 monitor to remain on the safe side.