Venom 1000r TT QUESTIONS

BOOST ALMIGHTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few questions about a GTS with a Hen. 1000r TT. I have read all about Hen. and his ripping people and what not. I am just curious of the quality of his Engine builds and the quality of his turbo kits.
Anybody have any idea what the Max HP a car with that kit could make? Somebody fill me in? What could I upgrade on the car to make more power? Like 1200+rwhp.

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think HMS tt vipers make around 900-950rwhp on his base model and with 76's he makes aroung 1250-1300rwhp. His tt (76's)comp coupe just ran 225mph in the standing mile, that is more than anyone else. There is a video floating around of it.

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with H.P.E. is that you never know what you're getting. If it was one of the few customer cars his mechanics spent the time on and did right (i.e. didn't ROB the customer on) then yes. It'd be a matter of simply bolting in larger twins and making a few tuning changes to make well over 1200RWHP and torque. He typically runs much smaller turbo's than a lot of the other shops thou. Heffner and Underground Racing typically run bigger equippment (turbos, intercoolers, etc.) and hence make a lot more power than Hennessey TT's. Either way if it's a "true" Venom 1000 it'll have 95% of the equipment on board to make it much faster than your supra...you'll just need a few tweaks to do 1250-1350rwhp on an H.M.S. set-up.

Last edited:

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the noob is getting an education.

The HMS vipers run pretty good. There are others that run better and there are others that run worse or not at all.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the noob is getting an education.

The HMS vipers run pretty good. There are others that run better and there are others that run worse or not at all.

I know of two of the orginal HMS 1000's and both had major problems and had to go to other tuners. But in all fairness when these were made they didnt even have the split sec and had to use a FMU to tune. there have been a lot of advances since those were orginally made

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nor will any sized turbo... I believe hennessey, UGR and heffner all require you to cut the frame slightly to make the turbos fit. CPE is the only kit (front mount) where you dont have to cut the frame. www.cpeturbos.com

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nor will any sized turbo... I believe hennessey, UGR and heffner all require you to cut the frame slightly to make the turbos fit. CPE is the only kit (front mount) where you dont have to cut the frame. www.cpeturbos.com

your talking out your ****, if you never put a turbo on a viper please dont advise others. Yes you can fit a 04 t60/61 without cutting the frame. Probably not a 76 series. The HMS cars use a 03/04 hybred which is much smaller than the 04 housing. To get a 04 housing to fit you will have to make new headers the hug the block and cant use the headers on the HMS kit.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive never put a turbo system on a viper? oh really....

give them a call and see if they have to "notch" the frame for the 35r's

and isnt he talking about the 1000 kit which uses 76mm turbos anyway (that I could be wrong on but Ill double check)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that is considering one of HMS's kits I have a Venom 800 kit which I will be putting up on ebay eventually. If anyone interested let me know, so I can bypass the whole ebay thing.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you have to "notch" your frame for the footwell mounted system? Im almost positive you did. I just want to clarify with dansauto. Its not THAT big of a deal but it does require SOME cutting I think

OP
OP
B

BOOST ALMIGHTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I could notch the Frame with the current setup and put GT35r's on there.
Basically I am wondering whats the biggest turbo I can buy to go on there without changing everything. Meaning just buy new Turbos.

Another Question....What can a Fully Built Viper motor take, power wise? 1500rwhp? I'm thinking GT35r's and a 250shot of N20. Possible?
Sorry for all the questions, I am new to the Viper world and will be owning one soon. Just trying to learn as much as possible before I get one.
I am smart on cars just dont know much about Vipers themselves.
Thanks in Advance,
Chris

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are viper motors making over 1700 rwhp, but we are talking serious motors not just rods/pistons.

You will need at the very minimum twin 76's full T4's not the t3/t4 hybrids and nitrous or considerably bigger turbos to make 1500rwhp.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It all comes down to the almighty dollar. How much do you want to spend? From the sound of it, I'd say your not looking to spend a crap load, and don't want to risk compromising the integrity of the car by doing any frame cutting. I am planning on going boost as well, so this thread is very interesting to me.

Any Viper can take 6, and likely 8psi of boost with a good tune. The 97-99 Gen II cars came with all forged internals, as in both top and bottom end, making them the more stronger motors. I'm sure there are a couple guys on here who can testify to this. Beyond 1999, the motors need built pistons to take moderate boost. In short, my research has found that without doing a complete enging buildup, you can get close to 1000HP on the Viper engines.

I bought a 1997 GTS, picking 97 because of the all forged motor and the blue with white stripe color scheme. I intend to run boost on this car sometime in the future, once finances permit. My current choice is the SVS Stryker font mount TT system, comes standard with twin T44s (rated to 550 each). I've already talked to reps at SVS, and they say there is no frame cutting for this system.

OP
OP
B

BOOST ALMIGHTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all comes down to the almighty dollar. How much do you want to spend? From the sound of it, I'd say your not looking to spend a crap load, and don't want to risk compromising the integrity of the car by doing any frame cutting. I am planning on going boost as well, so this thread is very interesting to me.

Any Viper can take 6, and likely 8psi of boost with a good tune. The 97-99 Gen II cars came with all forged internals, as in both top and bottom end, making them the more stronger motors. I'm sure there are a couple guys on here who can testify to this. Beyond 1999, the motors need built pistons to take moderate boost. In short, my research has found that without doing a complete enging buildup, you can get close to 1000HP on the Viper engines.

I bought a 1997 GTS, picking 97 because of the all forged motor and the blue with white stripe color scheme. I intend to run boost on this car sometime in the future, once finances permit. My current choice is the SVS Stryker font mount TT system, comes standard with twin T44s (rated to 550 each). I've already talked to reps at SVS, and they say there is no frame cutting for this system.

How much does the SVS system cost?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS also has a major lawsuit and a track record that is less than pristine. Avoid.

The only one who can truly answer the question about whether a Hen1000 is upgradable is Hen! Call him and see. Unless you have one, you don't know what it would take. But I can assure you that it will take _some_ work. Probably more than just a 'notch' on the frame... that's b/c when it was built it wasn't built with the idea of 76's going in there in mind.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SVS also has a major lawsuit and a track record that is less than pristine. Avoid.

The only one who can truly answer the question about whether a Hen1000 is upgradable is Hen! Call him and see. Unless you have one, you don't know what it would take. But I can assure you that it will take _some_ work. Probably more than just a 'notch' on the frame... that's b/c when it was built it wasn't built with the idea of 76's going in there in mind.

I would like to get more info on this supposed lawsuit with SVS. Who is suing them and why? Let's not forget HMS has multiple lawsuits against him, most were valid, and yet people are willing to still buy his stuff.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to get more info on this supposed lawsuit with SVS. Who is suing them and why? Let's not forget HMS has multiple lawsuits against him, most were valid, and yet people are willing to still buy his stuff.

A guy who was quoted 108k and got a bill for over 100k more. Car is currently in dispute and there is a lien on it. Go to the 'alley' and do a search for "Is Trent's car done yet" and on page 6 is an actual scan of the legal stuff.

much more is out there and SVS has been quite quiet as of late. Also, i don't if anyone can claim to have installed the 12.5k SVS stuff. Their customers aren't often references, it seems.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah how about the $8k gen1 motor rebuild. They know thier stuff, but charge a fortune and have quite a chip on thier shoulder. Lots of other choices out there now