Video Camera to tape racing w/bullet

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a camcorder to use to video some racing. The goal is to buy a bullet cam as well. I want something inexpensive as I already have a HDD cam. My HDD cam won't work in car, nor with a bullet cam. :mad: Any suggestions for cameras that will work with a bullet cam are appreciated (it has to accept analog A/V input).

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob,

The best I've seen (and used) is chase cam. Here is a link to their site on the exact page of the cameras. Very good units. They also sell suction mounts.

http://www.chasecam.com/bulletcam.htm

As for the camcorder, you are correct, you need one with an analog feed. Gotta be careful because many of them don't have them. I wanted to rig up my car so that it's simple and hidden. I searched for a small camera with analog. My plan was to hide it in the armrest (on the SRT) and use the 12V plug in there. Finally found the camera and I rigged it up beautifully. The Canon ZR700 is very compact and is mini-dv. Does a great job. (Note that the lower ZR models don't have the analog function even though they look identical).

I can bring it to the next track event if you'd like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtoce1