Vipair hood is an excellent fit!

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I just put the Vipair hood on for a trial fit prior to going to the painter. I was surprised at how well it fit without any adjusting whatsoever. I'm sure it will need a little fine tuning once the hood is finished, but not bad eh?

Just an FYI for those who are interested... I know I just got lucky, but am VERY happy with the Vipair hood so far.

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0188.JPG

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice viper head G-string...

(Look at the reflection below the "top view" of the hood....:rolaugh:)

Sorry, long Winter....

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I didn't take pics of the underside, but can when the hood is finished. I'll post "after" pics about this time next week. And I ended up paying $450 to have the hood finished. That includes the priming/blocking/painting/numerous coats of clear, etc. I just installed the six spoke SRT wheels and Kumho tires I bought from JonB, and I can't wait to get 'er out for a photo shoot.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great! I need to pick one up from Steve as well.

Andy Wheeler:2tu:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't thrilled about the vipair hood when I first saw it. But the more pictures I see of it the more I like it. I think I may have to add that to my to do list:2tu:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of KElly's car
You must be registered for see images attach

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
None left unfortunately in carbon only fiberglass like the OP's

Hopefully Steve will get some more made!

Ok now I LOVE THAT!!! Is that GTS Blue?

Why can't I find this hood on the Vipair website? How much is it?

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That blue and carbon fiber looks phenomenal!!! Lets see a pic of it installed on the car!!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where do they come from and how much are they?? I can't find that hood on the Vipair site.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So where do they come from and how much are they?? I can't find that hood on the Vipair site.

It should be on Steves site. I know he still has some fiberglass models available but no carbon hoods fight now.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I haven't updated my site for a while, I guess I should get at it :drive:

I have a couple of fiberglass hoods in stock right now (Andy is taking one of those) and I am starting a production run of some more carbon ones as well as more fiberglass.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have a couple of fiberglass hoods in stock right now (Andy is taking one of those) and I am starting a production run of some more carbon ones as well as more fiberglass.

Great to hear Steve it's still my favorite hood by far for the SRT10. It gives the car the Bite it should of had from the factory.

Andy

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I just got lucky, but am VERY happy with the Vipair hood so far.

You could not have said it any better. You are lucky! The hood I purchased from Steve was an absoloute horrible fit. At first site the body shop was thrilled with the initial apperearance. After a trial fit as you did before paint they were not so happy and neither was I. The hood was warped the driver side front lined up with the bumper but the passenger side was very high the gaps from the front of the fenders to the rear went from tight to almost a half inch gap. There wasnt enough adjustment on the fenders from the factory to even make it come close. The body shop cut and welded new adjutment bolts in so that they were able to move the fenders enough to make it look decent. The under side of the hood contacted the engine, they raised the hood latcha s far as it would go and that didnt help. So they sanded down the X (if you will) on the underside of the hood to where there was no more material left to sand. Then had to make it concave with fiberglass so the hood would not come in contact with the engine. Needless to say this involved numerous hours of labor and much extra cost to me. After all of this I can say the hood look nice and I get complements on it often. Kudos to the body shop for making this hood work.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats great but I still don't know how much they are.:dunno:

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could not have said it any better. You are lucky! The hood I purchased from Steve was an absoloute horrible fit. At first site the body shop was thrilled with the initial apperearance. After a trial fit as you did before paint they were not so happy and neither was I. The hood was warped the driver side front lined up with the bumper but the passenger side was very high the gaps from the front of the fenders to the rear went from tight to almost a half inch gap. There wasnt enough adjustment on the fenders from the factory to even make it come close. The body shop cut and welded new adjutment bolts in so that they were able to move the fenders enough to make it look decent. The under side of the hood contacted the engine, they raised the hood latcha s far as it would go and that didnt help. So they sanded down the X (if you will) on the underside of the hood to where there was no more material left to sand. Then had to make it concave with fiberglass so the hood would not come in contact with the engine. Needless to say this involved numerous hours of labor and much extra cost to me. After all of this I can say the hood look nice and I get complements on it often. Kudos to the body shop for making this hood work.

^^^ This is a good real world summary. Make sure the underside webbing of the hood doesn't contact the intake manifold. After all the work the body shop did to make this hood a keeper, there was no way around it rubbing on my nicely polished intake.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I just got lucky, but am VERY happy with the Vipair hood so far.

I would have requested partial reimbursement from Steve to recoup some of the body shop labor cost. Some latitude has to be given for an aftermarket product but it sounds like you went above and beyond to get the hood to fit.Also, is the hood still structurally sound enough with the underside bracing removed? Does removing this affect the warranty on the hood (if there is one)?I'd love one of Steves' hoods, he makes a great looking product, but I'd have to see more postings like the OP's saying fitment quality has gone up and is consistant.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh believe me I went round and round with Steve and have many emails along with pictures from the body shop to prove how much work was neeed to get this hood to fit.
I asked for money, he offered parts that I really had no use for. There is no warranty with the hood. After a few months of back and forth with Steve he tells me if I want money I will have to wait a month or two while he sells off some items. I waited and waited and never heard from him. So actually a few weeks ago I emailed him to ask what he planned on doing and I got no response. By the way I had this hood installed a year ago almost to the day, and to date Steve has not made good on reimbursement for the added cost to me because of a bad mold. If he was willing to offer me adjustable suspensions, wings, front facias and such that he sells for several hunderds of dollars and some at over a thousand, how could he not send me a check for 500 bucks. Totally dissappointed with his customer service. I can only hope for the perspective buyers of this product the mold is better as well as the customer service.

V

Venomiss

Wonder what this would look like if left white with the center painted black and black fade on the vents....
DSC_0187.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper