Viper as a gift for the wife.

OP
OP
S

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay...a complete shot in the dark here, how about a Lotus? Kind of neat, fun, raw little car. Exige S 240 is a pretty sweet little ride!

That is a nice raw car, but I really want a convertible for her. Maybe a Miata is the way to go for her. Not really a car I am interested in driving, but it is not for me. I would love to have a 2nd Viper in the garage, though.

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes a unique woman to be into something like a Viper as a driver. My wife who has driven lots of different cars likes being in the Viper, but wont even consider driving it. Too much scary power more most human beings, PERIOD! I bought her a BMW X5 Turbo Diesel that she just loves. She's happy:drive:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised at the forexx4's comment on the car , as it sounds just a bit on the sexist side, and since the World's Largest Viper Collection is owned by a woman, there are a few out there that might take exception to the comment. Frankly there are some very fast women out there the seem to handle the torque just fine, and ask any guy who was beaten by two time Viper Days Champion Nancy Stein and they will tell you she would only get torqued off if you didn't take her driving seriously.

Fast women in Vipers..................................just to name a few;

1. Cheryl McNally
2. Janni Cone
3. Leslie in Indiana
4. Nancy Stein
5.Leslie Howard
6.D'Ann Rauh
7. Cindi Lux - Global Women's GT Champion, NW Pacific Region T1 Champion so many times we have all lost count. World Challenge Driver , racing instructor , one of the damn fastest SnakeCharmers in the US, etc.!!!

Feel free to jump in there with other fast females, as there are plenty more.

damn im gettin turned on----:omg:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or you can give the acr to her and you can get a superformance GT40!!!!! whoooooooooooohooooooooooo
Nice car. I want one.... but it's a step down from a Viper imo. And certainly down from that ACR.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Idea. I am thinking of getting a 2003 car, and my wife is already gunning for my 1994 Viper. She says that she likes it more by looks, and that she would like to keep it too. I know what that means :)

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If not for knee problems, I would TOTALLY use a Viper as a DD :drive:
Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable in the Lotus, just too freaking small & low. Sitting inside it, truck & SUV bumpers are almost at window height. :omg:

The whole women can't handle the Viper TQ comments are BS.

Track school should be required for everyone... I do think your wife would probably appreciate having a woman (ie Leslie) in car during track events.

If she enjoys your ACR, I dont see a reason why a Gen III vert wouldn't make her very, very happy :D

Make sure you pick her favorite color :headbang:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kala is SPOT ON. Just because we have ovaries doesn't mean we can't handle the torque. In fact.... since we're not into the whole "mine is bigger than yours" thing, we end up being more in tune with the Snake's propensity to bite and we treat the throttle more gently.

If your wife likes your ACR - the Gen 3 convertible will be more civilized, ride softer and a great choice. Get a good color though - we still like the girly stuff.

Consider an autocross, too - it's not intimidating and teaches good car control. The Gen 3/4 are pretty nimble for their size / HP and I am not a fan of anything over about 130 / 140 MPH but LOVE the twisties. Then - a smaller / shorter / tighter roadcourse.

Enjoy and just do it!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another viper racer...Kathy Stout!

Most of the Porsche instructors prefer a female student because they listen and are more coachable in general, much smoother drivers....aren't so eager to race their buddies or mash on the throttle.

I have had quite a few guys that I was hoping my medical insurance was good haha!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i bought my wife one,that would be three in the family,and she says she don't want to drive it ,then i would have to drive it for her...I'm cool with that!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you’re lucky enough to have a short wife like mine, no issue. She can’t reach the pedals on my ’95 RT.

There IS a God.:yay:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, my Wife graciously accepts all the Vipers that I can give her...problem is, she would like a few more!!! :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my second Viper to resell (invested money) and my wife says,"SEll the Blue one." ***? She isn't into cars that can turn around faster than her.

A few times I heard her refer to my ACR as "her Viper".

Weird, just because it's quieter, smoother and rides nicer than my GTS?

Since my wife thinks car shows are boring and sits in the spectator area at AutoX and any track events ... she likes my ACR now???

Since your wife likes the Viper already, if you buy it for here she'll love you more and want to keep the car forever?

Go for it.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If that's not the case, buy the extra Viper for my wife? :)

Ted

OP
OP
S

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kala is SPOT ON. Just because we have ovaries doesn't mean we can't handle the torque. In fact.... since we're not into the whole "mine is bigger than yours" thing, we end up being more in tune with the Snake's propensity to bite and we treat the throttle more gently.

If your wife likes your ACR - the Gen 3 convertible will be more civilized, ride softer and a great choice. Get a good color though - we still like the girly stuff.

Consider an autocross, too - it's not intimidating and teaches good car control. The Gen 3/4 are pretty nimble for their size / HP and I am not a fan of anything over about 130 / 140 MPH but LOVE the twisties. Then - a smaller / shorter / tighter roadcourse.

Enjoy and just do it!

There is a local dealer with a Black/Red Mamba edition. My wife liked the idea of having a car the same colors as my ACR. The driving school, again, is a great idea. I am just waiting until it gets closer to her birthday to move on anything.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised no one has suggested getting her a Corvette convertible???

Maybe a nice 4LT Grand Sport Vert... black w/ red hash marks to match your ACR?

My wife doesn't drive stick, so I'd be in the dog house buying her a Viper...lol

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my second Viper to resell (invested money) and my wife says,"SEll the Blue one." ***? She isn't into cars that can turn around faster than her.

A few times I heard her refer to my ACR as "her Viper".

Weird, just because it's quieter, smoother and rides nicer than my GTS?

Since my wife thinks car shows are boring and sits in the spectator area at AutoX and any track events ... she likes my ACR now???

Since your wife likes the Viper already, if you buy it for here she'll love you more and want to keep the car forever?

Go for it.

Ted

I refer to my/our Viper as hers to other people when she's around. She gets a big kick out of their reactions. Hence, she all about getting a 600hp 09 now.:headbang:

The art of the deal.:D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife hates every viper i ever had and always comments on how nice vettes are...we had a 2004 vette with an auto and she drove that thing all over...she wont touch the viper...the weirdest thing is how she always wants me to buy her these fully optioned 50k minivans...lol....and her lil dodge ram larami is so awesome to her...and yellow vettes of course...if your wife actually likes them then you are lucky

OP
OP
S

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
She likes my ACR and she loves to drive a manual. Her first couple of cars growing up were manuals. So for a "fun" car I definitely will get her a stick to drive. She is not a big fan of the Vette.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Surprised at the forexx4's comment on the car , as it sounds just a bit on the sexist side, and since the World's Largest Viper Collection is owned by a woman, there are a few out there that might take exception to the comment. Frankly there are some very fast women out there the seem to handle the torque just fine, and ask any guy who was beaten by two time Viper Days Champion Nancy Stein and they will tell you she would only get torqued off if you didn't take her driving seriously.

Fast women in Vipers..................................just to name a few;

1. Cheryl McNally
2. Janni Cone
3. Leslie in Indiana
4. Nancy Stein
5.Leslie Howard
6.D'Ann Rauh
7. Cindi Lux - Global Women's GT Champion, NW Pacific Region T1 Champion so many times we have all lost count. World Challenge Driver , racing instructor , one of the damn fastest SnakeCharmers in the US, etc.!!!

Feel free to jump in there with other fast females, as there are plenty more.

You forgot Sophia K. from the NE region.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She likes my ACR and she loves to drive a manual. Her first couple of cars growing up were manuals. So for a "fun" car I definitely will get her a stick to drive. She is not a big fan of the Vette.

You are lucky... my wife liked all my vettes, but doesn't like the Viper...:crazy2:

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife loves the Viper but won't drive it. She's afraid of messing it up so we got her a new SRT Chally. It's a Furious Fuchsia 6 speed car and she loves it. We looked at some older Viper since they where close to the same price. In the end she chose the Chally for the color lol.

OP
OP
S

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get her a Vette... more of a girls car. ;)

Ouch, bloodying the nose of the vette "drivers". :2tu: I looked at the ZR1 for me, but it did nothing for me. A lot of them around, they all look alike. I am just not a fan of the vette. Love the look of the Viper, obviously.