VIPER CALENDAR PROJECT ON!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the all caps - I had to get Chuck's attention.
supergrin.gif

Well folks, it is that time again. Last time we came to the party a little late and still had about 300 folks end up ordering Viper calendars. This was a personal project done by Viper Club members of this forum for Viper Club members on this forum. No profits, no write ups in any magazines - just a good old-fashioned calendar with lots of GREAT owner photos of GTS's and RT/10's. Here is what the project looked like before and is shaping up to look like once again. This time we are doing it even better: The calendar company we are using offers even better print quality, more of a "glossy" finish, and a Viper cover shot! What will that Viper cover shot be? It's a surprise...

Now, there are a few things I need from you before we get into the ordering process:

1. If you already have a picture in the gallery and do NOT want us to make it available, please let me know ASAP. If you want the information changed on it (maybe you sold the car since then and don't want your name on it), let me know ASAP.

2. Got a new picture? Great! Submit it directly to me via e-mail. It should be a high-resolution photo at a minimum size of 1492x982. I am submitting them in a whopping 6217x4092. Oh, and please no publicity shots from Dodge or any publications unless you own the copyright. While I agree that there are some GREAT pictures out there, they need to be yours.

3. Want a new format? NOW is the time to make your suggestions. One person suggested possibly listing the number of cars produced in that color combination for that year. Perhaps you want a larger logo or the name/car in a different location. Here is what it looks like now:

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

Mind you, I am not going to build every single calendar in a different format for each one. Not a chance. However, I would welcome your thoughts and will incorporate the more popular suggestions into the design if I can.

Again, I am NOT taking orders just yet. I will let you know the price and the size (BIG) of the calendar later this week. In the meantime, be sure to visit the calendar page to get a better idea of what this is all about.

Thanks for your support!

Chris

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, you are the best. I put a post about this up a while ago and was wondering when I'd hear something.

You have e-mail.

Suggestion on format?????? Could the content and the format be rated G, PG, R & X ??? Boy, the pics could get interesting........

I thought Dodge would have unveiled something about this at VOI 7

Thanks,
Andrew

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris:
I would simply like to add my avatar to the photo choice list. Do you need me to e-mail you a copy?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely taking new photos, just not any orders yet. I would like to get e-mailed the largest original version of your photo, even if it is your avatar. The avatar photos are not always full-sized and never are as high-resolution as what will print best. And yes, the quality of the paper is superb!

Ask as many questions as you like, I will do my best to answer them ASAP.

Chris

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I would love to buy a calander after I get my exterior mods on my car but it will take probably about 4 weeks till they're shipped to me. How long will we have to get pics in to you?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny that you brought this up this month. I just turned this years calendar to see a ********* viper with silver stripes and all the little babies lined up to the left. GREAT PHOTO of your car. I plan on using it again.

I know you not taking photos right now, buy count me in. Also, it would be nice to get higher quality paper (like you mentioned).

M

mclean

Any news on when you might start taking orders for new calanders?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe we will begin taking orders in mid-October, as I am trying to figure out some new graphics. I also received a couple "test" shots from the calendar company and <FONT size="3">WOW</FONT s> is all I have to say! There are two different finishes now available: Matte and satin gloss. I have to tell you, that satin gloss finish is REALLY nice. Crisp colors and superb definition. I also have the prices for you as well, they are going to be as follows (all prices INCLUDE shipping):

Matte Finish - large 14x20" (opened)
1 Calendar - $19.50
2 Calendars - $18.00 each
3 - 10 Calendars - $17.00 each
11 - 20 - $16.50 each
21 - 50 - $16.00 each

Satin Gloss Finish - large 14x20" (opened)
1 Calendar - $27.00
2 Calendars - $25.50 each
3 - 10 Calendars - $24.50 each
11 - 20 - $24.00 each
21 - 50 - $23.50 each

But wait, it gets even better! We will also be able to customize not only your choice of images, but also ALL "special dates" free of charge! You can note birthdays, vacations, Viper Days events (Skip, you reading this?) and anything else you desire. Where many companies charge you $0.20 per custom date, you can customize up to 365 days at NO EXTRA CHARGE!

One final note, and this is a good one: Many of the pictures I am getting are simply NOT high resolution. They may look big on your PC, but the actual resolution doesn't print that well. For those that bought the calendars previously and got Nadine's burnout picture (by the way, the most ordered image by far), you will see that it looks just a little bit "grainy". That is because it was shot in a slightly lower resolution and "blown up" to fit. For the best quality, your picture MUST be shot in a higher resolution. Now, if you are going to VOI and do not have a high-resolution photo of your car, I will make this offer: If you are going to order a calendar, I will shoot some high-res photos of your car at NO CHARGE. You will not only get them for your calendar, but I will e-mail them or put them on a CD for you for free. How about that!

Gotta run (kids baseball practice), but more on this later...

Chris

M

mclean

OK, Here I go again with asking about the Calendar.
supergrin.gif
Any news yet?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy Belated Birthday Chris, 39 and holding for good now!!
supergrin.gif

I remember scouring threads last year thinking well, we'll see if all goes well I'll be able to order a calendar next year, and here we are. I'm a Viper owner. Now I have to try and get some full size shots in good quality over taken!!!

best of luck, no rush on this one,

and I think this year Ben's pic should have the hood up!!
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Makara:
So do you want us to convert to CMYK or do you trust the printers conversions?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The printer seems to do a pretty decent job. You may want to look at your last calendar, as I think we had a couple shots of your car specifically. Your call as to what you would like to do.

Chris

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris- there are no pictures, just blank spaces each with a red "x".....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome pic Mak, got more?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Makara:

89willowsprings.jpg

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Awesome pic Mak, got more?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took a few pics like that when I was at willow springs last friday but I only had about 2 minutes to put the cars together before it was my turn to get back on the track so I didn't have any time to get too creative. I have a few more pictures that I took of my GTS in the same spot that I took my avatar picture with my old RT/10 that I'll be sending to Chris for the calandar.

BTW, the viper owns the cobra on the track!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't had the time I would have liked to spend on the project, but I will renew my efforts this week (also have to do the regional newsletter, etc.). I will try to update the "gallery" this evening with those photos that have been sent to me recently. Rest assured that the calendars will be in your hands WELL before the holiday season and the new year. Thanks for your patience!

Chris

PS. I turned 40 yesterday, so please take it easy on the old man...
laugh.gif

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Middleton:
Chris- there are no pictures, just blank spaces each with a red "x".....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*&$$@(*^%!!! That would be what I get for trying to use MS Word to edit a web page. It assigns it's own names and a new directory for EVERY image. (*&%@#(*&%)(*&!!!!
pissed.gif

I have rewritten the first page and should have the others finished by the time you get through looking through the first one. What a perfect waste of time last night - I missed my dinner doing these pages in Word. NEVER AGAIN!!
pissed.gif

Chris

PS. And I am ticked off at the program, NOT you. Thanks for letting me know! I am now "previewing" each of these pages on another PC (which doesn't have the images on the hard drive).

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like last year Chris, great effort and thank you very much.

Is there anyway for us to determine the resolution of the pictures available? I have to confess I was a bit disappointed last year when some of the shots I chose weren't so spectacular on paper due to their original resolution.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My **** ride has been sent to you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that your "**** Junt?"

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Dozzo:

Is there anyway for us to determine the resolution of the pictures available? I have to confess I was a bit disappointed last year when some of the shots I chose weren't so spectacular on paper due to their original resolution.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is actually an EXCELLENT question! I will try to make a note on the original resolution where I can. Perhaps a "key" on the gallery picture such as "A, B, C" with "A" being a high resolution original, "B" being a medium resolution, and "C" being a lower resolution photo. Also, here are a couple helpful hints:

1. If they were very low resolution we simply would not accept them. The most popular (Nadine's burnout) was also one of the lowest resolutions we accepted.

2. If they were just too nice of a photo to pass up (Wing King's acrobat on the roof of his car in Vegas), we would "frame" the picture to fill the space. The original would have just been to poor in that size, so we kept it smaller and framed it instead. Bottom line: Frame = "C"
supergrin.gif

Let me know if this idea appeals to you and I will try and re-edit the gallery as I add the numerous pictures I have received since my last update (including Brian's!).

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with the printer and they are finishing up another very large order this week (another group - not us). They even shut down their web site to catch up. I hope to have the remaining choices posted in the "gallery" this week and start taking orders next week. Rest assured that you will have your calendars IN HAND well before the holidays, much less 2003. I will keep you posted!

Chris

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when and how are we going to be able to order our 2003 calendars?

Thanks for putting this together again. Hopefully this year I'll be able to get one.

-Matt

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt:
So when and how are we going to be able to order our 2003 calendars?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The process will be simple: When I have all the graphics done and uploaded to the printing company, you will e-mail me your choices for the images you want on your calendar. I will then place the order and you will be able to pay the printing company directly for the calendar(s), including credit cards. Your finished calendars will then be sent to you within 10-14 days.

When will this all happen? Hopefully sometime next week I will be able to open the floodgates. Please rest assured that I WILL get the calendars finished up and you will be VERY happy with the results. They will be in your hands before the holidays and will make for a great gift as well. Watch for the gallery to be updated by this evening!

Chris