Viper Comments

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.. Speaking of Vette owners. I had posted something on a Vette forum wanting the GM part # for some gears, and one guy answered with an offer to sell me his 3.45 ring and pinion when he took it out. He was chatty, and emailed every few days. He finally asked about my car, and I after sent him a pic of my 2002FE, he stopped writing! Haven't heard from him for 2 weeks. :p

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About a month ago a Chevy dealership had a open cruise in. We have been looking for a custom van to do some traveling in and decided to take a look at one the dealership had on the lot and check out the cars that were there. It was a nice day and we decided to take the Viper. We parked our 94 RT/10 in the parking lot, and before we could get out of it, it was surrounded by people. The Chevy/ Vette people were a little bit upset, because everyone was going over to see the Viper, they were glad to see us leave.

94 Red RT/10
K&N's, Smooth tubes, MGW stuff, 17" Kinesis K27's, Mopar wing.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a C5 vette and a '98 GTS. As far as I'm concerned there is no comparison between the two. The vette is a nice car and I've enjoyed having it. It looks good and performs very well, but it doesn't have the awesome lines of the viper or the performance for that matter. The viper is on a totally different level. It handles ten times better and is a good bit faster. I'm sure none of the vette guys would turn down a viper if they had the chance. Basically it boils down to the fact that they don't have a viper for some reason and think that whatever they have is the best. I'm sure you could take the same group of guys and if they all owned cavaliers, they would still argue that they had the best car. I like to think I'm unbiased in the comparison because of owning both, and I say hands down the viper is 5 times the car.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoyed my C4, it was a great everyday driver and it never inconvenienced me by drawing a crowd, ever.

The vette got better gas mileage than my Viper and besides the wife loved to drive that vette (she won't drive the Viper cause it scares her). I was actually thinking about getting another vette for a daily driver as they are so cheap to buy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960