VIPER COUPE HP INCREASE

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who didn't get it before.
There are 24 people on the Board of Directors. 23 are Germans. 1 American.
"Oh, please German Industrialist - please keep the car you ridicule and don't support some needed horsepower gains and the general philosophy in which it was designed and marketed that you inherited. We will ever be so grateful."
Yeah, he'll get right on that.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you read the book "who moved my cheese"?

look how far the NSX got sticking to their V6 guns for who knows how many years....

don't be so resistant to change and improvments! YES, the intro of the Viper with the V10 was a BIG deal..... a BIG DEAL which was over 13 YEARS AGO!

If they offered the new coupe as a 600+HP, 700+ TQ V12 Twin-Turbo AND a V10 wih 500HP/500TQ, the V12 would outsell by far..... you won't see this sentiment here, this board is is made up of many enthusiasts..... but the majority of Viper owners, and Viper buyers, are NOT HERE.....

its a good thing that the viper is not a V12. if it was it wouldnt be a viper. thats the main thing that all vipers have in common is that big bada$$ V10. also the reason why the viper isnt getting more HP is because for the new coupe they asked for 30 milliion dollars and you know what they got 6 million, thats only a 5th of what they asked for. i bet if they got the 30million the viper would get hp increase. the problem is they dont got the money

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in the Jeep SRT-8's case, "It tows less, and is NOT trail-rated." What's the point other than to chip away Cayenne's lead in speed for an SUV? It's not worth diluting your brand especially after spending all that money promoting "Trail-Rated" for EVERY Jeep.

And not to get too off topic, but here is the Denali/Escalade/Navigator/Sequoia fighter from DC, the 2006 Jeep Commander:

You must be registered for see images

Given the horrific slump in the large SUV market right now (even employee pricing can't overcome the cost of fuel), this homely Jeep will most likely have cost DC far more than the SRT ever did. And could never be perceived as a "halo" vehicle in any respect. And I'll bet there is some serious development money in this Jeep...

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And not to get too off topic, but here is the Denali/Escalade/Navigator/Sequoia fighter from DC, the 2006 Jeep Commander:

You must be registered for see images

Wow that thing is FUGLY, and this coming from a Jeep owner. I doubt it will steal too many Denali/Nav/Escalde buyers but I sure some Mopar diehards will buy it.

OP
OP
S

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it looks better in person but its still fugly. also its not an escolade fighter its not big enough. its more like a trail blazer fighter

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it looks better in person but its still fugly. also its not an escolade fighter its not big enough. its more like a trail blazer fighter

"The first ever Jeep vehicle with three rows of theatre-style seating conquers new territory in luxury, comfort, safety, power and of course, blends it all with the confidence of legendary Jeep capability.....Rear DVD player and climate control.....ParkSense™ Rear Back-up System.....Large front sunroof and second-row Command ViewTM dual skylights let everyone enjoy the open skies..."

http://www.daimlerchrysler.ca/EN/JEEP/1,,EN-JEEP-COMMANDER-PROMO,.html

Throw the 5.7 Hemi in the Limited version and you are now well over $40K list price. Not quite Escalade territory, but definitely past the Trail Blazer. Is there any other DC SUV (besides Mercedes) that is as expensive or as large? Oh yeah, and they spent $20 million just to modify the production line for this vehicle:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050808/dem002.html?.v=18

Sorry to get off track, but since we were discussing DC focus...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that now bean counters are running the show and image doesn't add into the equation. They only look at the bottom line.

How can you say that when they seem to have money to go around justifying other lame-brained Mercedes projects? Does the SL65 AMG make any sense? A drag racing luxury coupe. :rolleyes:

Or is it an image thing? How in the world did THAT get by the bean counters?

I bet they make money on each one they sell. Not to mention it is probably a German counting the beans. :D :D :2tu:

They make money on each Viper they sell too... Hell, charge MORE for a Viper dammit! People will pony up for more ponies. No one buys a Viper because they're poor.

And thanks for agreeing with my point... it most certainly IS ***** beancounters. :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant