Viper Crash at Speed World Challenge

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

I heard from Bill P yesterday and I'm very glad to now see your post and very relieved everyone is going to be OK. As we say in the flying business.."Any landing you can walk away from"...my best wishes to you and all the drivers involved.

Paul :usa:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Glad to hear from you Bob! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Tremendous job by all the Comp Coup drivers!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob - Not to be repetitive but... I was also very glad to hear you are well and were able to come out of that accident with such little harm. I know what it's like to hit something. I was only doing about 45 with I hit a concrete wall but ended up with 3 broken ribs. I was also glad to hear how well the car held up in that unplanned crash test. Get well soon!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bob, I am very thankful that you are OK, and that everyone emerged relatively OK. Im glad the 'other wrist' was not the one you broke. I am assuming the large tailbone bruise was a hard landing...I cannot tell from the video. And many thanks for the Comp Coupe advice today....

Drivers are taught to fight for direction and control and dont give up the ship til the last split-second. THEN let go of the wheel to save your wrists (???) Mr. McClure was doing his job: sawing and fighting and driving and probably made an inadvertant yet "unsafe re-entry." Sometimes your momentum and resulting direction once you achieve control 'forces'it.

The safety corner workers WILL have a written report. Always with any injury accidents. They tend to be accurate, succinct, and pointed....(the kind of thing that gets ME in trouble here, but not while working at the track.) My bet is their incident report says "Unsafe Re-Entry."

Docta Vipa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bob, the McCanns, PMum -
I want to chime in too and say I am sure happy that you are all OK. That is the most important thing. Fortunately PVO did their job on several accounts. I know I sure loved watching you guys race at Thunderhill back in March! I am looking forward to seeing you all back out on the track sometime real soon!

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on the comments from all who have posted. Bad wreck but everyone survived with minor injury. Says something about our racecars and Hans device. Sorry about the carnage but cars can be rebuilt or replaced, friends and racing buddies can't.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, leave the country for a couple weeks and look what you miss! First off, a very belated and heartfelt "glad to hear you are okay" from the Marshalls. Haven't seen the video (the link in this thread is now inactive), but heard all about it at the KC VCA meeting last night. We were told that it was such a hard hit that you are still finding more damage in the very back of the car from the force of the impact. Yikes. So did you give the Vette guy a belated Woodchuck award?

Again, sorry to hear of the misfortune and very, very happy to hear you are okay. I don't think I could handle dealing with Pemberton all the time without you running a little interference... ;)

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4