Viper crash outside of London

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One dead in 402 crash | News | London Free Press

One person is dead following a Saturday morning rollover that’s snarled traffic on Highway 402 near London.

Emergency crews were called to the crash along the highway, near Longwoods Rd., just before 11:30 a.m. Saturday for a single-vehicle crash that killed one, Middlesex-London EMS officials say.

OPP Const. Chris Hunter says the man killed was 55 years old. No one else was in the Dodge Viper he was driving at the time of the crash, she said.

An air ambulance was also sent to the scene of the crash, which totally stopped traffic in the highway’s westbound lanes toward Sarnia. The eastbound lanes are open.

The westbound lanes are expected to blocked until 4 or 5 p.m. Saturday while OPP reconstruction officers survey the scene.

The deceased's name had not been made public as of early Saturday afternoon. It’s believed, though, that the vehicle rolled several times in the crash.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd place to crash, been on that stretch of road many times, it's just like an interstate highway, fairly straight and boring. Saturday weather was cloudy and approximately 36 deg F, not the most ideal temp for traction.

Sounds like he wasn't wearing his seat belt since the artlcle mentioned he was thrown from the car? Regardless, very unfortunate.

Too bad and sad, RIP. Condolences to family and friends.

You must be registered for see images

Looks like this is the location via google map..

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I grew up in London (minutes from where this is) and the 402 has a couple areas there where the pavement isn't very smooth...if it got loose on him there's not much he could have done to recover. There isn't a lot of things in the median either, so he must have rolled off to the ditch and the only ay he was likely ejected was not having his seat belt on.

Very sad; my condolences to his family and friends.

Regards,
Aaron

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The jury should remain out until we learn what actually happened. It was in the morning. He was 55. He could have had a medical event and been dead before the car ever left the road. It is fortunate that no one else was injured.

My prayers go out to his loved ones.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying whether the man was wearing his seat belt or not BUT I do know the loud "pinging" seatbelt alarm that goes off when you don't buckle up would drive anybody crazy - thereby making it unlikely he wasn't buckled in.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though London is Canada's 12th largest city, (355,000 people) there are very few Vipers there, a 2010 Toxic Orange would have been a huge deal, I might have even had friends ask me if I knew the owner.

Regards,
Aaron

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I would rather go that way than be lying in a bed suffering some form of cancer with tubes hanging out of me.

RIP Viper brother ;) We will meet you on Heavens Highway :drive:

Deepest condolences to his family should they see this thread.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The jury should remain out until we learn what actually happened. He was 55. He could have had a medical event and been dead before the car ever left the road.

Geeze Bob, that's encouraging :rolleyes: for all of us so near to death.

Condolences to the family. Carpe Diem!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the pinging does go off after a while. Also easy to put the belt behind the seat and plug it in to fool the system if you don't believe in belts. Why anyone would drive a vert at highway speeds without a seat belt is beyond me though. RIP

I'm not saying whether the man was wearing his seat belt or not BUT I do know the loud "pinging" seatbelt alarm that goes off when you don't buckle up would drive anybody crazy - thereby making it unlikely he wasn't buckled in.

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I received a PM from someone who witnessed the car speeding by him at great speed (over 80mph) and then came up on the accident a short time later. He mentioned that the car did have dealer plates on it.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Sad. My condolences to the family of the driver. The car looks to be an '08 bright orange vert. Car has "H" spokes. on it.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a PM from someone who witnessed the car speeding by him at great speed (over 80mph) and then came up on the accident a short time later. He mentioned that the car did have dealer plates on it.

80 MPH is "great speed" on a highway. Seriously? :confused:

Condolences all around. If it did have dealer plates, likely someone not very familiar with that torque, the effect of cold tires, and probably lightly wet roads.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are saddened, and so sorry of the tragic death of one of our members VCA/Ontario. Condolences to his wife Jan and family.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My deepest condolences to the Family. Ken worked with Hydro One for 35 years . He will be missed . Ontario Provincial Police Reported speed was NOT A FACTOR . Deepest Regards Jay

CDNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deepest condolences to the family. Have travelled that road many times. Pretty straight and uneventful. Have not heard what in actuality may have happenned, other than what i read here. It's an education for all of us.

Couple weeks though before this tragedy, my parents-in-law, who live in the area, hit a buck in their pickup, truck may be a write off, you could see the antlers over the front hood, air bags went off.

Local hunter couldn't even find it.

Point is there is a lot of deer activity in the area, not knowing more of what happenned, wouldn't be surprised if something came into his path on the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth