Viper Days - Unlimited and "slicks"

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days - Unlimited and \"slicks\"

I'm too lazy to search this so if Courtney or Janni or anyone else could clear this up, thanks.

The VD website says Michelin only can be run in the Challenge Series and that Michelin "slicks" can be run in Unlimited class. Do they mean Michelin Sport Cups? 'Cause I can't find Michelin slicks anywhere.

Damn, and I just squireled away stacks of Hoosiers.

G'night.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Days - Unlimited and

Chuck, there are Michelin slicks. They are definitely different than the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. They are not DOT tires as are the Cups.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck,
They mean Michelin slicks.

I ran sport cups in the challenge series in supermod this past year.

Sport cups then became difficult to get for some reason and they let me run michelin slicks the last couple events in super mod. I got them from Archer.

Hoosiers only in VRL.
You can wear them and run with challenge series but not for points.

Larry94

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck:
If you are talking about Michelin slicks, the only place I could find them was from Bobby Archer at http://www.bobbyarchermotorsports.com/. Tire Rack does carry the Kumho and Hoosier. I spoke with Skip Thomas at Viper Days and he clarified that you can run any tire for Viper Days but to run for points in the Michelin Challenge Series you must run Michelins(Pilot Sports,Sport Cups,or slicks) Of course your Michelin tire selection can dictate your class.

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck, there are Michelin slicks. They are definitely different than the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. They are not DOT tires as are the Cups.

I feel a Little fiesty tonight--Hey Chuck Are you ever going to come to the track So I can Kick some Butt??

Joe B

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I feel a Little fiesty tonight--Hey Chuck Are you ever going to come to the track So I can Kick some Butt??

And run against you Caligirls? No fway!!! Too skerrd.

Ok, what's the best track ViperDays runs out West?

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Ok, what's the best track ViperDays runs out West?

[/QUOTE]

Chuck, I gonna say Thunderhill--Fairly long straight, 2 good elevation changes and 3 miles long, and a whole lotta fun to run. If you remember the Ford Gt commericial was filmed there.

Joe B

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck go ahead and call Bobby to have you slicks ready for Sebring.If you have any other questions call me and I'll set you straight.You can run the slicks in Super Mod if that is where the car points out to.THe slicks are 5 points.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom,

Does Archer not handle the sport cups any longer?

I'm not sure if I'll have the 5 points to give this year for tires and still stay in super mod. The only other option otherwise (other than slicks) would be the street pilots if I understand correctly.

Ray

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think he has the sports cups for the vipers anymore.It would be best to call him and see what the deal is.