Viper Dealers in the MD/DC/VA area?

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will travel if I have to. I seem to be getting the shaft from Ourisman Dodge in Chantilly, which is the closest Dodge dealer to me. I may have to take the car somewhere else to get the transmission fixed, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

- ANthony

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it being fixed under warranty?

I'm under powertrain warranty, this is a powertrain issue, but I'm not getting anywhere with my local dealer.

I don't know if I'll have to call Chrylser, but I think it is time for me to find another dealer, as I don't really want these guys working on my car anymore.

Are there any other ones locally? Perhaps I'll check in Rockville to see if there is a Viper dealer there.

- Anthony

Last edited:

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed Brothers Dodge off Montrose always has Vipers in house. I have read some reviews that said their service is good.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would play 3rd fiddle to Drummer and Kelly, and Im not sure of the geograpghy, but we have also heard good things about:

Safford Dodge Jeep of Springfield
6801 Commerce Street
Springfield, VA 22150

PS We can send you a NEW trans for under $1700...why do a repair if NOT under warranty??

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my slave cylinder replaced at Pohanka in Leesburg, but that's a very simple task. They did a fine job, but when my car arrived, they all came out and looked at it like they'd never seen a Viper before. Every time I've taken my Charger to them, it's something little they get wrong. Their QA is not very good, but the quality of their work is ok.

If it ends up not being covered under warranty(which I hope is not the case), let me know. I know of a local shop that just rebuilt a tranny for a buddy with a Gen-1 and did a great job at a very reasonable price.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would play 3rd fiddle to Drummer and Kelly, and Im not sure of the geograpghy, but we have also heard good things about:

6801 Commerce Street
Springfield, VA 22150

PS We can send you a NEW trans for under $1700...why do a repair if NOT under warranty??

I've heard a few folks say good things about Safford as well come to think of it. They're just too far for me to drive for routine stuff. For something major, they're worth a call. Perhaps some of the Woodbridge area guys will chime in, as I think that's probably the closest dealer for them.

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this isn't covered under warranty, then I'm not fixing it. It's annoying as hell, but the transmission works fine.

I think the Viper was previously serviced at Reed Brothers in Rockville, so maybe I'll head up that way to get this repaired. It's only about 20 miles away.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keene Dodge in Md has a pretty good Viper tech, and they have done work for me and I have been satisfied with their work

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

6801 Commerce Street
Springfield, VA 22150

Safford has an excellent Viper tech Named Jeff and always did top notch work on my Vipers.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's Mark ? You have not explained what is wrong with your transmission. I have only read that someone said there was a problem with 3rd gear.

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I got off the phone with Chrysler customer support this morning and they opened a case for me, and said to take it to the dealer and they'll have the district service manager come look at it.

Before I go through with that and have to leave the car there for who knows how long, I called Reed Brothers Dodge in Rockville and spoke with Tim in service. He was very receptive, told me to come by with the Viper and I'd go for a ride with his Viper tech and we'd take it from there. So if the weather is permitting this afternoon, that I what I plan to do.

- Anthony

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

6801 Commerce Street
Springfield, VA 22150

I second that, safford dodge. Ask for JEFF Sherwin. Very good and works on Viper constantly. I currently have my car there. Doesnt try to overcharge neither and has worked on vipers that were "tracked" and did everythign under warranty.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would 3rd that motion. If Mark is helping you with this problem & doing the research, you will be better off shipping the viper off to him. It might cost you some $$$, but you take your ride to the person you trust....

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it comes down to it, maybe I will consider sending my Viper out there to Mark. He has been amazingly helpful with me trying to get this issue fixed, and there isn't anything even in it for him. That says a lot right there.

Next week when we get a non-rainy day, I am going to take the Viper up to Reed Brothers in Rockville and go for a ride with their Viper tech. I'll see what he says first, and then proceed from there.

- Anthony

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

If it comes down to it, maybe I will consider sending my Viper out there to Mark. He has been amazingly helpful with me trying to get this issue fixed, and there isn't anything even in it for him. That says a lot right there.

Next week when we get a non-rainy day, I am going to take the Viper up to Reed Brothers in Rockville and go for a ride with their Viper tech. I'll see what he says first, and then proceed from there.

- Anthony

Keep us posted if you find your fix.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant