Viper dragrace ends w/wreck and Viper on fire in CA

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes, that second vehicle definitely did not look like a Viper though...

According to the person who was supposedly at the scene, she said the other car involved in the racing took off?? That "2nd vehicle" pic may actually be the Viper, I guess? My 1st thought was it looked like the rear of a RT/10. Hard to say.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but this looks like someone's car that posts here. I'll refrain from any additional comments at this point. I really hope everyone ends up ok.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd assume the silver Viper was out of his lane, and went into the oncoming lane of traffic. (It's entirely unlikely that the mother and kids in the SUV went into his lane)

For all the public service messages here about "take it to the track", you'd think everyone in the ViperNation would have gotten the message by now.

If it's true that anybody died, then I offer my condolences.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid, Careless, Lucky he dosen't have to carry the thought of dead mother and or children around the rest of his life.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get bitten by not being careful, but don't invite trouble by doing stuff like that on public roads......

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like a Gen2 RT/10. Someone in the comments said that the SUV is a Nissan and the other racer took off. The comments then start comparing an ACR to a GT3.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to drive that stretch of PCH all the time in my '00 RT/10, there seemed to always be idiots looking for a race, I just sit at the red lights and let them zoom off the line, Sunday is a pretty busy day to be racing.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Left front tire tread looks like a Michellin PS1. That's an old tire.....

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't call a mum with broken legs OK! ..........But I know what your getting at ;)

That's really stupid to be doing stuff like that with oncoming traffic PCH, come on, that's a busy main road :(

If that was my wife and Kids, I would be wanting to have a word with the driver of the Viper :mad:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:( :( God, I get so tired of hearing about these type of incidents. Thankfully no one died. That's why every time I go for a drive, NO STREET RACING. I've driven many fast cars & have raced on the street in the past like a dummy & was very lucky, but who knows when your luck's going to run out. The Viper is such a special vehicle, there's absolutely no reason to prove it to some idiot that pulls next to you. My TT car is fast enought to me. Even if a car was more powerful & faster than mine, more power to them. I always try to never do anything to disgrace the Viper Nation. :nono:

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ON A POSITIVE NOTE !!

Due to this crash, anyone who owns a Gen2 Viper will be glad to know that your cars value just went up 5 bucks..

so rejoice!
:D

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:( :( God, I get so tired of hearing about these type of incidents. Thankfully no one died. That's why every time I go for a drive, NO STREET RACING. I've driven many fast cars & have raced on the street in the past like a dummy & was very lucky, but who knows when your luck's going to run out. The Viper is such a special vehicle, there's absolutely no reason to prove it to some idiot that pulls next to you. My TT car is fast enought to me. Even if a car was more powerful & faster than mine, more power to them. I always try to never do anything to disgrace the Viper Nation. :nono:

That's well-said. Bottom line is: if you're not getting your speed fix by visiting the drags, road course, auto-x, or local drift night... then you're just lazy. Testing your talent in any kind of traffic is the worst kind of selfish behavior.

And does a Viper ever need to prove anything to anyone on the street?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread/article but I based on the thread title I can summarize it as:

- Terrible tragedy.
- Sorry for the victims hurt/dead by the incident.
- Street racing is bad.
- Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda...but they didn't.
- The drivers are idtiots.
- Take it to the track next time.

Did I miss anything else?

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread/article but I based on the thread title I can summarize it as:

- Terrible tragedy.
- Sorry for the victims hurt/dead by the incident.
- Street racing is bad.
- Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda...but they didn't.
- The drivers are idtiots.
- Take it to the track next time.

Did I miss anything else?

Nobody was killed this time by the grace of God.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well kinda like that:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh: had to stomp it with my foot a little so it would fit

My neighbor has 3 of them and a Viper. When he took me for a ride in the smart car I felt embarassed riding in it. Despite that fact that it was faster than a red viper it had it's issues maintaining speed uphill with two passengers. When I see them on the highway and they are behind me, I slow down then speed up and watch them fade away in my rear view. Losing momentum in a Smart Car is a b*tch, LOL. :lmao:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to hear what really happened from the driver...

I'm pretty sure he's not going to be talking about it anytime soon, esp. on the net. As much as we know it was a foolish mistake, we've all done stupid things in our lives and had no consequences. I'm certain this episode will haunt him for the rest of his life, and the only positive thing here is that hopefully everyone will be ok in the end. If anything, maybe this will prevent someone else from ending up in the same or god forbid worse accident than this...................

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's not going to be talking about it anytime soon, esp. on the net. As much as we know it was a foolish mistake, we've all done stupid things in our lives and had no consequences. I'm certain this episode will haunt him for the rest of his life, and the only positive thing here is that hopefully everyone will be ok in the end. If anything, maybe this will prevent someone else from ending up in the same or god forbid worse accident than this...................
Good post, hopefully it will make everyone think twice, but reality says we will see this again :( .....................................Sad, but true!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4