Viper driving course nearby?

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good driving school that specializes in Vipers near to Baton Rouge? When I say "near" I'm good with a couple hundred mile radius. I think it would be fun plus I want my wife to get a safe, proper feel for how these cars can hurt you if you don't respect them. And to humble myself, I could probably pick up a few pointers too.

broomrider - didnt you have something lined up regarding this?

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am headed to Viper Rendezvous. Its exclusive to Vipers. They have ride along instructors to help you. Its track time and instruction. However, it's in Nebraska.
Everyone tells me it is a must if you are a Viper owner. This will be my first year. I wanted to make COTA but my hubby's work schedule
kicked that one out.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The Viper Rendezvous is the only one I know of that "specializes" in Vipers so to speak. It's basically just an invitational even for Viper owners. I went for the first time last year and had a blast and would recommend it to anyone looking to get onto a track. It was my first time tracking the car, but's it a nice track with lots of runoff and few walls, so you can make a mistake with less fear of hurting anything. The Bondurant school would probably be the other big one that is Viper specific to some degree, though I think you have to qualify to some degree to drive them. By that I mean they start you in a Challenger and if you show the proficiency they'll turn you loose in a Viper. It might just be the ACR you have to be good to drive though, been a while since I looked at the website.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't driven your Viper on track, you just haven't driven your Viper.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go over to Skip Barber in Atlanta, get instruction. Then do some track days near you with your Viper.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go to www.nasaproracing.com and see when NASA will be at No Problem Raceway ( near Gonzales ), or at the new track NOLA, and do a beginning HPDE ( High Performance Driving Event) . You will be hooked and decide you need to drive to Hastings , Nebraska in June to do the Viper Rendezvous ( www.racemph.com )

Since the car came from Nebraska , it will be almost a Homecoming , ha,ha.

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after broomrider's post on insurance I'm not sure it's worth the risk. Sounds like there is too much to lose for a fun day out. I can stick to my flying and get bigger thrills while remaining insured. It's a shame the rules are set that way. It would be nice to be able to finally "drive" my car!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62