Reaction score
Just got my Viper tagged as an Emergency Vehicle. :eek:

You must be registered for see images

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a lot of states, any 'first responder' can mount emergency lights on their personal cars. Usually, it's some redneck pickup truck. I'm not sure how I would react to seeing a Viper with flashing red lights. Pull over OR RACE!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess your car does have a tad more top end than the average ambulance....

OP
OP

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run emergency plates on my personal vehicles, but have an emergency gear bag that is shared between them. In addition to being a Military Police Officer, I'm also an officer with Emergency Management. Personally, I don't really care about the criticism of having a few LED's on a "Viper" when on scene. Considering I have an obligation to help those in need, even when I'm off duty enjoying my Viper, my primary concerns are always my safety and the safety of others...my last concern is winning approval. If the LEDs aid in making other motorists aware of an emergency scene ahead, then everyone involved is at less risk and hopefully goes home safe. :2tu:

OP
OP

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...that mustang is parked aweful close to that viper...
I rarely drive the R's anyway, so being parked that close doesn't cause any problem. There's still enough room to slide between them.

OP
OP

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one tough crowd! LOL

Tell me about lol! I didn't realize that there would be any negativity, but it kinda motivates me to put a full light bar and push bumper on it now...or better yet, I'll transfer to our K-9 unit and cage the passenger's side. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
As a Paramedic I have had lights (allowed by the city) in my ONE personal daily driver...while I always had my jump kit with me in ANY vehicle. Unfortunately, those ******** people who have gone before you have left a stereotype of someone craving attention SO MUCH that they have to put lights all over ALL of their vehicles. Why not just settle on the E tags and one (or two) of those portable lights for those times when you find yourself needing to mark a scene/accident you happen upon? the critics will simply say you have choosen form over function....

As I said, there are FAR too many people in your position who add those little lights to draw attention to THEM....not for public safety.

Also, sad to say, most MP's I have run across are as close to rent-a-cops as one can get....I'll trust you do not fall into that group. :)

OP
OP

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just settle on the E tags and one (or two) of those portable lights for those times when you find yourself needing to mark a scene/accident you happen upon? the critics will simply say you have choosen form over function....

That's exactly what I have, a gear bag with a dash light and the dual lights for the rear. Based on responses I think I see where the confusion is - let me clarify that the lights are NOT MOUNTED, they are ONLY in place for stationary scene use. As mentioned, ALL my vehicles are "equipped" (a simple multi cig-outlet adaptor for radio chargers, flashlight charger, etc), but I only have the ONE set of LEDs for ALL vehicles. The LEDs just so happen to lay in the Viper without needing any brackets to hold them in place.

Honestly, this was suppose to be on the level of semi-humor that apparently got taken too seriously. Everyone who knows me will tell you I do not "display" emergency equipment in my personal vehicles for show. The lights were placed in the Viper to simply add to the emphasis of the E tag on the car for the picture, nothing more.

And Vipermad, I'm also sad to say that I'm very much in agreement with you...but what's worse, is many become civilian police officers and continue to display those type of mannerisms.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just settle on the E tags and one (or two) of those portable lights for those times when you find yourself needing to mark a scene/accident you happen upon? the critics will simply say you have choosen form over function....

That's exactly what I have, a gear bag with a dash light and the dual lights for the rear. Based on responses I think I see where the confusion is - let me clarify that the lights are NOT MOUNTED, they are ONLY in place for stationary scene use. As mentioned, ALL my vehicles are "equipped" (a simple multi cig-outlet adaptor for radio chargers, flashlight charger, etc), but I only have the ONE set of LEDs for ALL vehicles. The LEDs just so happen to lay in the Viper without needing any brackets to hold them in place.

Honestly, this was suppose to be on the level of semi-humor that apparently got taken too seriously. Everyone who knows me will tell you I do not "display" emergency equipment in my personal vehicles for show. The lights were placed in the Viper to simply add to the emphasis of the E tag on the car for the picture, nothing more.

Hey man...as long as you have a Viper...that's all that matters ;)