Viper gone from "build my own"?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone at the Dodge.com site needs to update things a bit better - when you click on the "Build My Own" button on the home page, Viper doesn't show up anymore... You can manually dig into the vehicle lineup, select a 2009 Viper and then start the Build My Own process, but what about 2010? I thought it might be interesting to see what options/configurations the site was displaying to the public, and what the MSRPs are now, but got caught kind of off guard when I didn't see anything...

I'm not sure what the thinking (if any) was on that. To my knowledge, you can't order a 2009 anymore, but it lets you build your own. I think you can still order a 2010, but the 2010's don't show up.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all the 2010 are sold. A couple of weeks ago, there was a post about there were only 20 cars left to build/order. I guess they (Dodge) didn't see the need to add the build your own feature. On the Canadian Dodge website, they did have the 2010 as a build your own.

OP
OP
M

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about that, but it didn't make sense that they still had the 2009 cars listed... Oh well, that site hasn't been the most accurate place for Viper information in the past, so I don't see why it would change now :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah the post said that there were only 20 2010 Vipers left to be ordered from the factory. I'd guess that now there are none.

Anyone wanting a new Viper will be having to go to the dealers and select from what they have ordered.

Woodhouse and a few others maintain a larger inventory and they'll probably have the largest selection available.

Ted

OP
OP
M

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but it'll be interesting to see what happens to all the 2010 inventory once it hits the dealer lots. It seems like there are still a ton of '09s out there, and a few '08s - and they're all looking like screaming bargains. With a few hundred '10s on order (I'll bet most of those aren't sold orders), I'm hoping the dealers can maintain the prices on them when they actually come in... Selfishly, I'm thinking about picking up another one as a daily driver, so I'd like to see the prices stay as low as possible, but I also hate seeing these things go so cheaply. I was surprised to see how the bottom fell out of the prices of these cars the last time they were ordered en-masse during the BK mess, but maybe it will be different now that 2010 is confirmed to be the last year for a while.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might not see blow out prices.

No new Vipers for the next couple years. Dealers will need to make what ever inventory they have last till then.

Believe the most popular colors and models will begin to rise in prices. The less popular colors will continue to drop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala