Viper GTS-R Inaugural Race

at

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Road

Lexington, OH 44904‎

August 4th, 2012

Come and help cheer
Kuno, Dominik, Marc, and Ryan
as they drive our NEW Viper GTS-R to Victory!
You must be registered for see images attach

Tickets

Ticket - Pass discriptions / Ticket Prices / Order your Tickets here:

SRT is taking care of the Infield Parking Pass

It is strongly suggested that you order your tickets online and
have them held at will-call.
Please order your tickets NOW!

We have special parking in the infield. Due to the shortness on time,
space will be limited to 50 vehicles in the SRT corral.

Don't get caught at the front gate waiting in line!
Please order your tickets NOW!

VCA Ohio Region
will have a tent at the SRT corral with beverages and a place if you need to get out of the sun.

We will have a "Meet and Greet" with our ALMS drivers.

Also, we will be making two check presentations to Kuno and Dominik's charities. We still have a couple of charity items for sale at these links:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/654612-Kuno-Wittmer-s-Charity-Viper-GTS-R-Banners-Viper-Play-Day-Event

and

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/654486-VIPER-GTS-R-Autographed-Memorabilia-from-24Hr-Le-Mans-2012

SRT
will have goody bags for everyone that is parked in the corral.

If you plan on attending and bringing your Viper please contact
VCA Ohio Secretary/Treasurer Janey White at
[email protected] or 330-219-6325.

Saturday Schedule

August 4, 2012
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.Practice - IZOD IndyCar Series
9:20 – 9:50 a.m.Practice - American Le Mans Series Warm-Up
10:10 – 10:40 a.m.Qualifying - USF2000 National Championship Powered by Mazda
10:45 – 11:30 a.m.American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patron Autograph Session
11:00 – 12:15 p.m.Qualifying - IZOD IndyCar Series
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.Pirelli World Challenge Autograph Session (Optima Battery Display)
12:30 – 1:00 p.m.American Le Mans Series Pre-Race
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge
American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patron Race
2:45 – 3:45 p.m.IZOD IndyCar Series Autograph Session Group 2
4:15 – 4:55 p.m.USF2000 National Championship Powered by Mazda Race #1
5:10 – 6:20 p.m.Pirelli World Challenge Championships Race #1

This is the only view the other drivers will be seeing...

Questions?

Randall Arnold - President VCA Ohio Region / MW Zone Director VCA
937-470-8306
[email protected]

Janey White - Secretary/Treasurer VCA Ohio Region
330-219-6325
[email protected]

Last edited:

USMARSHALVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Do you have to drive your viper to park in the SRT corral ? Thanks for any info I wanted to bring up the fam in the Town and Country. :)

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb ? but does anyone know if the GTS prototype will be in attendance? I really want to see the car in person, and this is in my neck of the woods...

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb ? but does anyone know if the GTS prototype will be in attendance? I really want to see the car in person, and this is in my neck of the woods...

Maybe trying to keep it as a surprise, but I can't imagine not having a Gen 5 GTS there....either the New York car or one of the pilot cars....they are being driven tons of places, and Mid Ohio is only about 4 hours from Detroit.

Bill

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT corral will have 40 parking spots for Vipers and 10 parking spots for other SRT brand vehicles, i.e. SRT8 Chargers and 300s, SRT4 Neons and Calibers, SRT6 Crossfires, SRT8 Jeeps.

Please send Janey White - VCA Ohio Secretary/Treasurer your name if would like to park in the SRT corral. Send to Janey at [email protected] or 330-219-6325.

Only ONE Viper parking spot per VCA membership number.

Remember ONLY the names on the list that Janey will be giving to Kim at JRT will park in the SRT corral. Janey needs your name by July 26th.

Those people will receive a ticket/pass to get into the parking area.

No ticket-No parking in the SRT corral.

We will have a list of names at the track as to who will be parking in the SRT corral.

When the Viper count reaches 41+.... members will be directed into a secondary lot very close to the SRT corral.

We are having a tent put up at the SRT corral for refreshments,etc.

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hotel booked, weekend tickets ordered, just waiting on confirmation for SRT parking. Unfortunately not going to bring the Viper - Kumho V700 tires are not friendly if the weather turns bad! Will bring my 2004 SRT-4.

Ron.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there as well with my very excited 11 yr old son! :2tu:

Taken at Mid-Ohio 3 weeks ago.
He already informed me that HE was going to be seated in the passenger seat of my viper and not my buddy. :lmao2:

Mike

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the SRT Corral we are currently at:

26 Vipers

3 SRT

Please contact Janey White - VCA Ohio Secretary/Treasurer
or
330-219-6325
if you would like to park in the SRT Corral.

USMARSHALVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any updates on the SRT Corral? Also what time are the vipers suppose to arrive and departure time ? Thanks for any other info. :)
Looking forward to this Hisstoric Race !

Johnbennett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The specifications for the class it will run it are: Normally aspirated engines: 5500 cc maximum. Horsepower 450-500. Yet all the literature references the V10 engine. ???????????

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The specifications for the class it will run it are: Normally aspirated engines: 5500 cc maximum. Horsepower 450-500. Yet all the literature references the V10 engine."

As stated, the V-10 is running at 8 lt. ALMS makes many adjustments to try and equalize the cars. For example, the BMW had an aero advantage until this year. It still has a race front suspension that is different in type from the street suspension, as the street suspension can't be modified for racing.

The ALMS GT cars are a range of engine types, sizes and restrictors as well as overall weights. The 5.5 lt is Corvette's choice for balance between displacement and weignt.

Viper is starting at the engine displacement last raced at LeMans, some years ago. With restrictors of course. The problem for the competition is that the restrictors effect the top end hp and not the low end torque. Expect the Vipers to hammer everyone coming out of the corners. Also expect further restrictions on the Viper, next year for sure.

Ralph has stated that the racing program IS the marketing program for the Viper. No mag ads, etc. That means lots of support for the racing program and is the reason that the program was developed along with the car. Fiat, owner of Ferrari undestands that very well.

IMHO, Raplh is too humble. He doesn't give enough marketing credit to his presence at events!!! The guy is a jewel. As is all the team Viper I've seen. If my grandson was interested in the auto industry, I'd be on my knees begging Ralph to let my grandson come work at SRT. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper