Viper Knee

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering how you fellas keep your knee joints from turning into jello, mine is well on the way now, because of all the clutching I am doing, while enjoying the Viper. I am not sure how old you guys are, I'm 48, and my joints don't work as well as the once did. :mad:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 26, have had my Viper for 2.5 years...I've done Atlanta traffic and several Spring Break and holiday weekends in FL in it....I have gotten out a lot wondering if my knee had fallen off and was flopping around in the floorboard. Age doesnt matter!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paddle shifters:bonker: :D

I thought you were going to talk about bracing yourself with your left knee at the track. Lots of hard rights turns can do a number on the knee.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering how you fellas keep your knee joints from turning into jello, mine is well on the way now, because of all the clutching I am doing, while enjoying the Viper. I am not sure how old you guys are, I'm 48, and my joints don't work as well as the once did. :mad:

You need to toughen that joint up! I'm 55, have 70,000 Viper miles, and have found the OEM clutch on the Viper to be about the easiest clutch car I've ever driven. The Center Force Dual Friction clutch on our ACR....now that's a little different story for stop and go stuff. Considerably harder than stock.......but not nearly hard enough to worry about.

Paddle shifters:bonker: :D

I thought you were going to talk about bracing yourself with your left knee at the track. Lots of hard rights turns can do a number on the knee.

I have found the door panel/speaker to act a little like a crumple zone as it regularly gives way under hard right turns at the track ;)

Steve

T.C.z.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 6'5", and my left knee hits right where the stupid headlight control is. I drove 7 hours when I picked up my car, and I damn near stopped and got a hotel room 4 hours into the trip.

t i t o

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've driven a couple of GEN II's (pristine examples) and have noticed that the clutch effort is considerably greater than the Gen III's.

Personally, the SRT's clutch feels really nice. In any case, if you knee still hurts -pour some 'tussin on it! That'll fix you up.

OP
OP
W

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I feel puny and wimpy now! Thanks for straightening me out guys, Im gonna have to saddle up, start stairsteppin and getting those glucosomine things going. I just needed a little toughening up, so I could be man enough to drive the wild Viper!

I thought if the knee got too bad, I could just lop off the leg from the knee down, and install some kind of Viper clutch attachment where the leg was. By the way, is that available anywhere?? :drive: :usa:

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I feel puny and wimpy now! Thanks for straightening me out guys, Im gonna have to saddle up, start stairsteppin and getting those glucosomine things going. I just needed a little toughening up, so I could be man enough to drive the wild Viper!

I thought if the knee got too bad, I could just lop off the leg from the knee down, and install some kind of Viper clutch attachment where the leg was. By the way, is that available anywhere?? :drive: :usa:

That's a new Mopar powertrain upgrade... and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought if the knee got too bad, I could just lop off the leg from the knee down, and install some kind of Viper clutch attachment where the leg was. By the way, is that available anywhere??
:rolaugh: call JonB @ Parts Rack

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 32, flooring contractor and have done woodward dream cruise twice and the hot rod power tour this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,talk about sore knees, I might just be the worse case stated so far........lol

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 40, lost my ACL and tore my medial on my left knee, 3 yrs ago, the first thing I did was check how the clutch felt on my bad knee in my GTS, and now also in my SRT, I've had no pain or discomfort at all, and find the clutches relativly easy.

Last edited:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Atta Boy! Now you're starting to receive the 'Viper Spirit' :headbang:
......have you tried various positions for the adjustable pedals?

I'm 32, flooring contractor and have done woodward dream cruise twice and the hot rod power tour this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,talk about sore knees, I might just be the worse case stated so far........lol

Those sore knees must be from all the floor installing you do. Can't be from a stock Viper clutch. ;) We did the Woodward Cruise last year for 3-4 days / at least twice per day running from 10-11 mile up to 14 mile road. ...Don't ever remember my leg getting too 'taxed' or really even thinking about it. We'll be there again for the festivities this year. Maybe always having at least one car with a clutch since 1968 has something to do with it.
My first automatic trans car didn't happen until 1987.

Steve

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 46 and in so-so shape (4 knee lig surgeries, one lower back knife stabbing and arthrites on the way) and I don't have any complaints driving around town. Long trips in any vehicle can be a bother. As I've gotten older I realized to stop inbetween fillups on long trips.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Atta Boy! Now you're starting to receive the 'Viper Spirit' :headbang:
......have you tried various positions for the adjustable pedals?

Those sore knees must be from all the floor installing you do. Can't be from a stock Viper clutch. ;) We did the Woodward Cruise last year for 3-4 days / at least twice per day running from 10-11 mile up to 14 mile road. ...Don't ever remember my leg getting too 'taxed' or really even thinking about it. We'll be there again for the festivities this year. Maybe always having at least one car with a clutch since 1968 has something to do with it.
My first automatic trans car didn't happen until 1987.

Steve

probably,,,lol but i also start on the one end (by theroad the drury Inn is on and roll up to 13 mile), starting at 10 mile is cheating....lol J/K. But seriously that was about 3 hrs one way. I will be heading up this year myself, unless my house is closing that day,(todays market I won't make a buyer wait...lol) Maybe will run into each other:2tu:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
probably,,,lol but i also start on the one end (by theroad the drury Inn is on and roll up to 13 mile), starting at 10 mile is cheating....lol J/K. But seriously that was about 3 hrs one way. I will be heading up this year myself, unless my house is closing that day,(todays market I won't make a buyer wait...lol) Maybe will run into each other:2tu:

3 hours is a long run all right.....never had one that long

Actually, we stay just east of Woodward between 12-13 mile. It's a 5 minute ride to the action. Our club, the MCVO, will be at the Coffee Beanery in Berkely---2 blocks south of 12 mile on Thursday night from 6-9.....ranging out from there. Stop in. We have a Steel Gray RT/10......LND RKT would be the name on the back of the car.

Hope you can make it.

Steve

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hear the new chrysler warranty will be covering knee problems starting in 08

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
3 hours is a long run all right.....never had one that long

Actually, we stay just east of Woodward between 12-13 mile. It's a 5 minute ride to the action. Our club, the MCVO, will be at the Coffee Beanery in Berkely---2 blocks south of 12 mile on Thursday night from 6-9.....ranging out from there. Stop in. We have a Steel Gray RT/10......LND RKT would be the name on the back of the car.

Hope you can make it.

Steve

If I'm up there i will make a point to make it to the Coffee Beanery, I have a silver SRT with ULL LOSE on the back

Brian

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, it is my right knee that bothers me from getting in and out of the Viper. Pushing off the floor board when getting out and weight bearing on it when getting in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine