Viper Museum Exhibit

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings, Nor Cal Viper Club members,

The California Automobile Museum in Sacramento ccc has invited our club to display 6 Vipers for the month of July. This is a great opportunity to let the public know that the Dodge Viper is alive and well, and that the Viper is supported by the VCA Northern California Region. The California Auto Museum was formerly known as the Towe Museum, and has a wide range of cars on display.

The Viper exhibit will run from July 3rd through July 31st, 2010. We would like to show the evolution of the Viper, featuring:

o Gen I roadster
o Gen 1.5 roadster (1996)
o Gen II roadster and/or coupe
o Gen 3 roadster
o Gen IV coupe
o Gen IV ACR

The cars will be kept indoors and roped off from visitors. If you would be willing to exhibit your Viper for the month of July, please reply to Maurice Liang at [email protected] with your name and the year, model, color, and any special features of your Viper(s). We will select the best representation of styles and colors for the exhibit. Please reply by May 1st to be considered for the exhibit.

We are planing to deliver the cars on Saturday, July 3rd, and host a club event to celebrate the "Grand Opening" of the exhibit. Club members will have free access to the museum to check out the cars. Watch for an event announcement.

Help us show the world that Viper is alive and well!

Best regards,

Tom Vona
VCA Northern California Region
Sacramento Area Director

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be prepared that when cars are stored in a public display, a lot of times, the local fire marshall has a list of things that must be done, like the fuel tanks should be almost empty, and when the car is in place, the battery has to be disconnected to not cause any sparks and therefore the doors aren't locked and you always get some spectators that believe that the roping off does NOT pertain to them !! ...depending on the floors, they may want carpet squares put under the tires...just some things off the top of my head....good luck and enjoy...

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going on tomorrow. Rolling the Vipers in at 9:30 am then check out the Museum then go get some lunch. Be there if you can.
Greetings, Nor Cal Viper Club members,

The California Automobile Museum in Sacramento ccc has invited our club to display 6 Vipers for the month of July. This is a great opportunity to let the public know that the Dodge Viper is alive and well, and that the Viper is supported by the VCA Northern California Region. The California Auto Museum was formerly known as the Towe Museum, and has a wide range of cars on display.

The Viper exhibit will run from July 3rd through July 31st, 2010. We would like to show the evolution of the Viper, featuring:

o Gen I roadster
o Gen 1.5 roadster (1996)
o Gen II roadster and/or coupe
o Gen 3 roadster
o Gen IV coupe
o Gen IV ACR

The cars will be kept indoors and roped off from visitors. If you would be willing to exhibit your Viper for the month of July, please reply to Maurice Liang at [email protected] with your name and the year, model, color, and any special features of your Viper(s). We will select the best representation of styles and colors for the exhibit. Please reply by May 1st to be considered for the exhibit.

We are planing to deliver the cars on Saturday, July 3rd, and host a club event to celebrate the "Grand Opening" of the exhibit. Club members will have free access to the museum to check out the cars. Watch for an event announcement.

Help us show the world that Viper is alive and well!

Best regards,

Tom Vona
VCA Northern California Region
Sacramento Area Director

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would be great if the museum bought some collector Vipers and displayed them. A Gen 1, Gen 2 RT& a GTS, an ACR (el-cheapo GTS-R)then a Gen 3 and a coupe to a Gen 4 and ACR. But actually, an ACR would be a great display amd they came with history.

Maybe park a 'Club Racer' corvette parked beside the ACR? The Car Gallery at Harrahs had a (2003) world speed record car that was built by Jaguar. Kinda early for a new ACR (even though it did set the Ring record), but ACRs have their own race series and are street legal factory built race cars (extremely collectable).

I have to say that I don't understand and am disappointed that ALL museums don't have a minimium of 1 collectable Viper on display.

It's great that you guys and the museum are doing a month long display. I expect that it will be Viper afterwards?

Ted

Last edited:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to the above mentioned Vipers, I will have my WC Comp Coupe on display as well.

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to the above mentioned Vipers, I will have my WC Comp Coupe on display as well.

Hi Brian,

I heard your ACR and Comp Coupe on display.
icon14.gif

Glen

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures from the museum this morning. I hope people post up more pictures as there were a lot of flashes going off. Comp Coop, 2008 ACR, 2005 Copper Head, 1996 GTS, 1996 RT/10, 1992 RT/10 and Brian even showed up with a Viper go kart.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited: