Viper oil painting on canvas, from Thailand

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last month I was in Thailand visiting a friend of mine. We shopped around in Bangkok. While walking around. I seen this one thai guy, doing some oil paintings. I couldnt believe how skilled he was. So on my buddies computer I printed out a picture of the Oreca Le mans winning viper. And handed to the painter. 2 weeks later here it is.. And for only $50 US dollars. Can you imagine how much a painter here would charge us?? Ill tell you. Those people in Thailand,they have alot of skill. Its sad also, because the average income is $200 US dollars a month. :(

[image]
9579oil2-med.JPG
[/image]

[image]
9579oil3-med.JPG
[/image]

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool,
At the Ferrari concourse last weekend, they had some nice Ferrari painting, and it gave me the idea to send my Dad some photos of my car. He’s became quite the painter in his golden years. The kids can paint a stick man.

Actually two years ago I met an artist at same Ferrari show and I saw some small painting for $250.00 so I asked him if he would paint my Viper. He said sure and would come by my home the next day and take photos to work from. He came by and we BS’d with him and his wife and took some shots. Finally he come out and ask me for a 50% deposit. I said no problem how much is it, he tell me $2,000.00. I said for a 20’’x30’’ painting? I said we talked about painting one like the $250.00 one at the show. He said mine was a commission and thoughts are more.
I told him I’m not really in the market for an acrylic 20’’x30’’ of my car and thought why didn’t he bring up the price the other day and save himself the trip. Also I’m not comfortable giving some guy I just meet, $2k and have him fly back to Canada with his word I’d ever see him again or my money.

Anyhow $50, Great painting

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) Did you drive by a "Barnes & Noble" (not far away from SUNRISE BLVD) last weekend (with a passenger and you did a U-turn) ... being curious - I was waiting in a parking lot and the only Viper I saw in West Palm Beach during the Cavallino Classic weekend was a steel gray GTS ...

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if you can make some money with this dude on Ebay? Break him off 60 bucksa painting and have him make more...

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Viper painted in oil paint from Thailand

Was in Thailand this past December and bought some commissioned art work. Boy for $100US the Thais can paint anything on "30 x "40 canvas. The wife had 3 pieces commissioned which were painted on oil in 24 hours! Here in the states that would have cost upwards of 5-10k. It's definitely worth the trip to S.E. Asia for paintings, custom clothes, and beautiful beaches. Phuket and Bangkok rocks. Lots of fun in Thailand but no vipers! Going back to Thailand in April. Anyone need a custom oil painting of their Viper painted from your photo? I would be willing to get the photos reproduced on canvas. You provide the photos and I'll get them painted and delivered back to you. If interested drop me a line for more details. The painting will not be framed when delivered to you. Also you will be responsible for shipping and handling fees from the Midwest.

Ivory [email protected]

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>That would be my wife and myself. Were you in your Viper? <<<

:)
No. Rental car. A little bit too far "away". I was 5 yards standing away from the street and did the fangs sign, but obviously, you did not saw it/me.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy did an excellent job, It is pretty hard to draw the curvy portions of the Gen 1 and 2 cars and have them look decent!!

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket) next week. Yes, the artist are phonomenal in Thailand. If anyone wants a Viper photograph painted on canvas please contact me. I'd be willing to bring the paintings back from Thailand. I'd estimate that $100 - $150.00 could get a really nice painting. Was in Thailand this past December and commissioned art work. For $100 - $150US the Thais can paint anything on "30 x "40 canvas. The wife had 3 pieces commissioned which were painted on oil in 24 hours! Here in the states that would have cost upwards of 5-10k. Anyone need a custom oil painting of their Viper painted from your photo? You provide the photos and I'll get them painted and delivered back to you. If interested drop me a line for more details. The painting will not be framed when delivered to you. Also you will be responsible for shipping and handling fees from the Midwest.

thanks [email protected]