Viper on cover of Playstation 2 Gran Turismo!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow??????
It might seem that way stock but not if you know how to tune it.

My fastest 1/4 mile is 10.5XX with a top speed of about 230MPH.
0-60 in 3.5 0-100 in under 6.
Yes the RUF turbo Ris faster but that's only because it has AWD. Compare their fastest times on a track and the viper is much faster. With AWD my fatest 1/4 with the porsche is 9.8XX

Craig

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
craig,
I'm sorry but that don't sound right.230 mph down a 1/4 mile.That sounds as if the cars on nitrous and a jet engine in the rear.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No matter WHAT exotics are avialable inside the game, the PlayStation creators told me the games with VIPERS on the cover are huge sellers! I think this is the 4th to use a Viper.
As sponsors of the ORECA Lemans Viper in 2000 and LMP in 2001. I see that ORECAs was used!

Private Vipers were used for other games.....

My '96 and my hands (no SAG card!) made the cover and scenes inside for TEST DRIVE 5 as well as nice credits for VCA inside. Filming the game was a hoot! Actually filmed at walking speeds....with E-brake ON to slow even further! See the oversteered steering angles, and you will understand. Neat day indeed......

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have been patiently wating for the GT3 to come out on July 11th.
I'm not sure if this applies to the above discussion, but in GT2 the Escudo Pikes Peak Version blows everything away: 981 hp/ 690 lb-ft, 1763 lbs, 4wd. put the racing tires on this thing and yawn at everything else.
Frank w the twitchy thumbs.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To anyone wanting a copy of GT3: I work at a retailer that will be getting this game. If anyone cannot get one email me and We can try and arrange something. I might just buy a bunch and put them on Ebay. I've gotta pay for University somehow. I'm trustworthy, chck out seller SLIPCA on ebay. All the selling auctions are mine.

Thanks

Craig