Viper racing at PBIR YESTERDAY

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct, it is a shame we have to cheat, what makes it double bad is that all the ZR1's and ZO6's that ran tens did so with only a good wax job and run flats.

:rolleyes: You might need to believe "all" the Vettes cheated to get the 10's and that's fine. The bottom line is the Viper can be made to be just as great on the drag strip as it is in the corners. It once was until the competitions technology negated that advantage. Look at the ZR1. Its right there in the twisties with the outgoing ACR at Laguna, albeit on better MPSC's than the '10 ACR ran with, while its still engineered to be very good at the 1/4 as well. GM made the ZR1 to cater to the road course and straight lining. Their focus was an all around great sports car whereas SRT's focus with the Viper is road course dominance.

I'm not saying the Viper needs to be great at both to be relevant, just responding to the idea that the Viper can only be made to be a road course car at the expense of straight line prowess. Thats preposterous as the ZR1, Mclaren MP4 clearly shows. Obviously the budget isn't there for LC etc on par with the Mclaren but surely shocks that can allow both squat for 1/4 miling and proper valving to carve up the road course is extremely viable. It comes down to what SRT's focus is and its road course only it seems. No problem. But its plainly obvious that it could be engineered to do both extremely well if they had the desire and budget to do so. As I mentioned before if they had to choose only one performance parameter between the two Im glad they chose handling over straight line ability. It would be nice to see them add the other aspect in the future with a good LC and suspension engineering. Why not?

Last edited:

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would have been nice to see 10s. DR GT500s run easy 10s, even in hot weather. Unfortunately, this car seems slow (relatively speaking). In the same weather and track conditions, the "less" powerful McLaren kicked it's ass. That makes me sad. Oh well.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to do some homework. The McClaren, which starts at $239,400, weighs 2945 lbs and puts out 616 HP. It also has a better power distribution at lower RPM under the curve than the Viper. The SRT Viper starts at $97,395 and weighs 3297 lbs in the track pack variant and 3354 pounds in the regular SRT variant. A Mustang GT500, if hot lapped, will also get heat soak - even more heat soak and, in comparison to the SRT Viper , is a poor road course car.

Would have been nice to see 10s. DR GT500s run easy 10s, even in hot weather. Unfortunately, this car seems slow (relatively speaking). In the same weather and track conditions, the "less" powerful McLaren kicked it's ass. That makes me sad. Oh well.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob:

It has to be full moon, I will guarantee you that most of the negative posts within this thread originated from someone who falls into at least the two of these three categories:

1. Have never driven a car to a sub 11 second ET.

2. Does not now have a car capable of a sub 11 second ET.

3. Has never driven to a sub 11 second ET their first time at the track in a new show room stock car. This is only here because most of the neg posts think that the car stinks because it did not break into the ten's the moment it hit the track.

There has to be a Gen V haters club some where, wait, it is not a haters club, it was formed for the betterment of the viper legacy. Isn't that how it is usually explained some where in these posts. I like the Gen V and I like my Gen 2, why is that such a strange concept.

You need to do some homework. The McClaren, which starts at $239,400, weighs 2945 lbs and puts out 616 HP. It also has a better power distribution at lower RPM under the curve than the Viper. The SRT Viper starts at $97,395 and weighs 3297 lbs in the track pack variant and 3354 pounds in the regular SRT variant. A Mustang GT500, if hot lapped, will also get heat soak - even more heat soak and, in comparison to the SRT Viper , is a poor road course car.

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Random post.
While reading a topic over on gtrlife I saw a few comments about one lane being faster than the other. Here is one of the quotes about it.

Just for people that don't know how screwed up the PBIR lanes are these are my results from 4-7-2013:

Left Lane Drag strip trap 9 passes avg: 131.02 mph, VBOX 131.77 mph
Right Lane drag strip trap 3 passes avg: 126.63 mph, VBOX 131.24 mph

The only video I saw of the white engineering car was the 1 pass in the left lane. Curious if it ran any in the right and if anything changed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude