Viper Record Setting Tour

F

FrgMstr

Dodge Viper 2010 ACR "Record Tour" & Nürburgring Again!?!?!?!?!?

I find it very interesting that Dodge is putting the money into doing this, not that I do not like it! This is likley being done to bring more exposure to its "new" SRT branding and to keep the Viper brand on peoples' minds.

Dodge Launches Viper Record Tour, Aims To Set Lap Records From Coast to Coast

Dubbed the Viper Record Tour ’11, the trip expounds on Dodge’s previous attempts to have the performance-tuned ACR set production car lap records on legendary courses. Previous runs took place at the Monticello Motor Club, Sebring International Raceway, New Jersey Motorsports Park, and — of course — the infamous Nürburgring Nordschleife.

And here is the big rumor!

But one rumor in particular has us leaning on the edges of our seats: a little birdy tells us there’s a chance the ACR may make yet another run around the Nürburgring, with the hope of improving its 7:22 lap time.

Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!! :usa2:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Re: Dodge Viper 2010 ACR "Record Tour" & Nürburgring Again!?!?!?!?!?

Deleted.

Threads are merged now:2tu:

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

moderators couldnt figure out how to merge threads with the oldschool layout. Is it possible with this fancy new website?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool i was pleased to see Dodge support a record attempt at NJMP to kick off our ViperDays event.
I assume this will happen at future Viperdays events including VIR this weekend?

Why are we hearing about this stuff 2nd hand. We are the VCA... We should be the first ones to hear about this stuff IMO.
Did i miss a previous thread or article in Viper magazine:dunno:

Kinda like everyone who went to VOI got to see the Gen V Viper, but not the rest of the VCA members..... :(

You didn't miss anything. As said by the VOI attendees, you will just have to wait and see...... :)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's about time, and may I sugeest spending the whole day at the ring? Regardless how bad you beat the Corvettes time, stay there the full day and aim for a 6.59.99 :2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why are we hearing about this stuff 2nd hand. We are the VCA... We should be the first ones to hear about this stuff IMO.
Did i miss a previous thread or article in Viper magazine:dunno:

There's been no official news, yet, that's made it's way to the VCA from Dodge. Nothing but rumors at the moment.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

moderators couldnt figure out how to merge threads with the oldschool layout. Is it possible with this fancy new website?

I'll get right on that.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'll get right on that.

LMAO :)

BRING IT ACR! Loving another attempt at all the records!

Best of luck to everyone involved!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the idea and can't wait to see the results!!!

I was on the track during the Sebring video as I recognize the cars from my run group. Ben couldn't have caught 2 slower cars in that group. That time could actually come down to around 2:15 I'm guessing, maybe less.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have another great idea.
How about this, when they are finished obliterating track records across the country and around the world, they use that car as a VCA raffel car?!
Who's with me?

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have another great idea.
How about this, when they are finished obliterating track records across the country and around the world, they use that car as a VCA raffel car?!
Who's with me?

Neat idea. I like it. :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another track record!

I forgot to add: Team SRT took that bone-stock ACR to VIR-Virginia, in HOT-HOT conditions, and set a new production track record last week 7/8/11 ! 2:00:6

Kuno Wittmer at the wheel......[[[An excited novice owner at the track bought Kuno's autographed driving shoes, and then took his own GTS out and did his fastest lap ever! ]]]

Current US records held:

Laguna
Monticello
Miller-SLC
Sebring {Keating}
NJ MSP
Virginia

Be a Part Of It! Ive been to four records, and the low-key setup leads to an exciting finish every time. Next stop TWS 9/2. Hope To See You There!

Late Edit: There may be an attempt at Hastings 8/5 where a Viper ACR-x holds the track record. Tnx Bill P

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How does Ben set a production track record at Sebring when he has to brake for traffic twice on the lap?

....I was on the track during the Sebring video as I recognize the cars from my run group. .... That time could actually come down to around 2:15 I'm guessing, maybe less.

George, MT:

Some interesting back-story: SRT did NOT have a closed cold-track session for Sebring like they did for other runs. And they had ONE set of stickered cups! Ben was out there twice, with 25+ other cars. His first cold run was faster, as MTGTS suggested, but timing had a 'glitch.'

Working at Pit-Out, yours-truly was then able to 'stage' him into the only rolling hot-gap on track, but Ben's closing speeds meant he still encountered 2-3 traffic situations. Suffice to say, Ben's :19.2 record probably has some re-match room for cool wx, new tires, and notraffic. Maybe 3-4 seconds faster is possible in a closed test.

I hope Ben chimes in here......he did a phenominal job on a HOT track!

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sooo glad I wasn't in this vid holding Ben up. I did see Kuno go out a session or 2 in the white car ACR but I'm guessing he didn't get any clean laps either.

The guy in the white M3 really should have been in the beginner group and had an instructor in the car with him. if you watch some of the vids I took you could see how bad his lines were and @ 1 point he had a train of 6 cars behind him...

I'm sure that lap record will come down next time they decide to try.

ViperExchange

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy to all from Tomball Dodge and VIperExchange. Yes, I need to be a little careful so that I don't so something I'm not supposed to, BUT I can guarantee a much faster time at Sebring than what I ran. Even though Jon was nice enough to get me a large gap in traffic, the closing speed of the ACR was so fast that no gap would have been large enough. In every other record attempt, the ACR has had an open track. Since we were with another group, this wasn't possible at Sebring. We did the best we could with what we were given. The decision was made to leave the time "as-is" since we broke the record. We can claim the record as it stands, and we have the knowledge that if it gets broken we can go back and take it again. Double the exposure, right?

The ACR is the dominate production car on the track. The record runs at all these tracks around the country is a great marketing plan to keep the car in the fore front of the mind of every track rat out there. I was honored to have been asked to make the run at Sebring. I've had the Pole in the last 5 Dodge Viper Cup races in a row, and I hope that earns me a spot in some additional record runs in the future. Hopefully, it also helps ViperExchange sell a few 2010 ACRs!!

Ben

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Ben.
Just bought a new '10 ACR from ViperExchange, very happy with car and dealership.
Been great fun watching you in the televised races as well.
Best of luck!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What an exciting time and things like this get rid of all the rumors about whether a new Viper will be built. Ralph and crew are doing a phenomenal job keeping the Viper out in the public and relavent even though production has ceased.

A 2010 at Nurburgring is in everyone's thoughts and prayers ----- let's hope that is a rumor that does come true!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually the track record has not been set yet at Motorsports Park , Hastings, but for those that want to get in all the action , NARRA has an event there on August 5-7th and have a feeling the record will fall. Unofficially, Ted Hughes of Seward, Nebraska has run 2 seconds under the time set by Randy Pobst when he ran his GT3 World Challenge Porsche there a few years back, in his Viper Cup ACR.

Check out NARRAs website and sign up for the event and you can not only get some great track time, you will likely be there to see another track record fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masterofzen