Viper Vette video

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, Vette sounded super charged, I though it was going to take the Viper a first. Damn these Vipers are fast. The driver in the Viper sounded like he was hardly getting on it.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that vette had turbos or a supercharger and that makes for one fast Z06. so the fact that the viper with just nitrous beat it says alot....... the viper sounded more or less stock to me except for the juice.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I raced my brothers C5 with NOS, against my stock GTS. He never come close to my times. My best was 12.36 in 90 degree weather.

He told me he went back the next week and ran a 11.11 But a gave the ticket away??????????

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yours truly ;)

The vette is a built stroker with a Procharger s/c from Nashville. They stopped in for a snake bite on the way back from the dyno in Atlanta. I believe he made around 650rwhp that day after tuning. At that time I was runnung 7psi and around 580rwhp with the blower only.....I believe I would have slowly come around him but I didn't know how long he would stay in the throttle so I used my "insurance"

Kudo's to those guys for posting up a cool video. He is now making even more power but hasn't been back for round 2.
On a side note.....his vette buddy that set up the race now owns a B/W GTS :laugh: He is on the board here.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you ever be over insure....erd ? The experts say no ;)

Actually there was only about 100 rwhp of insurance. Tq is another story :)

This is an old video...well over a year.

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

I'm surprised that the Vette owner/driver elected to allow the video to be viewed. If I were beaten that badly, I wouldn't show the pictures to anyone.

Don

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Don,

The Vette owner is a really nice guy. He had/has a fast car and it is making a bit more power now. Nobody can argue with the climb rate of his speedo ;)