Viper vs Z06

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to run 8s on a supercharged or turbocharged 346. Now THAT would be a pretty cool accomplishment.

you and me both... :usa:

I think it'll happen sooner than we both think. The issue isn't even the engine making enough power to propel you to 8s but the drivetrain staying together. I'm shooting for mid to low 9s in my twin turbo Z06. The car isn't even finished yet and I've asked my tuner to start building me a spare tranny. It's inevitable that I'll lose it pretty quickly. LPE has done a lot of R&D and is probably the only tuner with a "bulletproof" T56. Pretty exciting time.

opticzo6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmm... watching the movie, hearing the jaws music, I figured that maybe the vette would eat the viper alive, then I remembered that jaws died at the end of every movie, just like this one turned out.

Sheriff Brody rocks jaws any day.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm... watching the movie, hearing the jaws music, I figured that maybe the vette would eat the viper alive, then I remembered that jaws died at the end of every movie, just like this one turned out.

Sheriff Brody rocks jaws any day.

Then the B.S excuse at the end "viper sprayed" My a$$ it did.

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but read any published report where same driver/same track/same conditions are paramount to an accurate comparison. Even Justin Bell (who runs a z06 training school) can't make the z06 keep up with the Viper in ANY of his tests. The two cars are just not in the same league. Sorry.

Road and Track-March

Lap times at Buttonwillow Raceway:
1. C6 coupe 66.32
2. Viper SRT-10 66.60
3. Carrera S coupe 66.71
4. Boxter S 67.27
5. Elise 68.65
6. SLK350 68.91
7. S2k 69.88
8. Z4 3.0i 70.71
9. 350Z 35th Anniv. 70.86

Thats right we where not talking about the C6 coupe, we where talking about the Z06. ;)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm look at this a vette guy defending a vette, we have never seen this before have we?

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm look at this a vette guy defending a vette, we have never seen this before have we?

I saw where your boy posted that a viper has never beat a vette on the same track, I just got this article yesterday.

Your boys at DC better get the coupe running quick and loose a little weight. The C6 Z06 is coming.

Now I hear the Jaws music.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its true but the motor is still in the "concept" stage but WILL be ready and WILL be released in the new coupe when it hits dealers.

Yes it will be fun for US viper owners.

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what do you think about the SRT-10 with 100 more HP being a tick slower then the C6 in R&T roadcourse test?

News flash: If your claim is correct. The coupe will have 100 more HP then the new Z06. Wonder if the Z06 will be faster on the track too? :eek: :D

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason it was 1 tick slower is driver man and ***** can drive a vette but you need real skill to driver a viper.

Any former vette owner will tell you, you need ALOT more skill to drive a viper then a vette, but what do you expect from a car that 50% of owners are women PLUS the car comes in automatac.

Don't get me wrong im not knocking vettes at all (hell im looking to buy one by this spring). Its just having owned both,driven both and even modded both I honestly believe (and im not alone in this) that the vette is not even in the same league.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line is this

Stck Vs stock Viper wins
Modded vs Modded Viper wins
forced induction vs forced induction Viper wins

all these examples are all subject to 1 thing and that 1 thing being equal drivers.

If you have a Stock Vette C6 vs a mustang GT and the mustang driver is a wayyyy better driver the stangs gonna win, now does that mean the Stang is faster HELL NO ITS NOT.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Stugots,

Ditto.

Dan

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason it was 1 tick slower is driver man and ***** can drive a vette but you need real skill to driver a viper.

So this "driver" I think his name is Millen, was he not a factory driver for Nissan?

So how does that make the viper a better car?

Heck it would take real skill to drive a mack truck around a road course too, but that does not make it a better track car/truck. :D

BTW have you ever driven on a road course?

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line is this

Stck Vs stock Viper wins
Modded vs Modded Viper wins
forced induction vs forced induction Viper wins

all these examples are all subject to 1 thing and that 1 thing being equal drivers.

It seems to me that the R&T roadcourse test would prove your 1st point wrong and does qualify for your last statement being it was the same driver. :eek:

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I've gotten into these posts so often, that I actually wrote a comparison and posted it on my web site: Vette vs Viper Comparison

I don't road race so I can't speak for which car will do better in turns but I've proven to myself that, at the drag strip, a stock Viper will spank a stock Z06. I own both so it's not even an issue of driver skill.

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I've gotten into these posts so often, that I actually wrote a comparison and posted it on my web site: Vette vs Viper Comparison

I don't road race so I can't speak for which car will do better in turns but I've proven to myself that, at the drag strip, a stock Viper will spank a stock Z06. I own both so it's not even an issue of driver skill.

Very fair comparison!

Unless I'm not reading you right, you never mention the Z06 being a FRC as a difference to the coupe.

One look at the car and there's no mistake it's a Viper! The Z06, however, is extremely similar in looks to the base C5. Subtle exterior touches distinguish it from its sibling; Z06 badges on the fenders, front and rear brake cooling ducts, distinct wheels, larger rubber, and a titanium exhaust with a more aggressive note. With an untrained eye, one has to look pretty hard at the Z06 to know it is a Z06.

I still agree that the avg Joe on the streets still has a hard time seeing that the Z06 is a little different due to it being a FRC.

With about 357/355 (about same as stock 02-04 Z06) at the time I even ran a 12.6 114.9 in my 01 Z06 and I really **** at the drags. :D

Car was 3090 on the scales with 1/8 tank of gas.

Hool97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For at least a short while the C6 Z06 will be at the top for drag and autocross, then we'll see what DC really does.

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viper all the way, by the way I am looking for smoked headlight covers for my 2000 gts. thanks

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but read any published report where same driver/same track/same conditions are paramount to an accurate comparison. Even Justin Bell (who runs a z06 training school) can't make the z06 keep up with the Viper in ANY of his tests. The two cars are just not in the same league. Sorry.

Road and Track-March

1. C6 coupe 66.32
2. Viper SRT-10 66.60
3. Carrera S coupe 66.71
4. Boxter S 67.27
5. Elise 68.65
6. SLK350 68.91
7. S2k 69.88
8. Z4 3.0i 70.71

Thats right we where not talking about the C6 coupe, we where talking about the Z06. ;)

You do know this thread is about a drag racing video ?????? :rolleyes:

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Road and Track-March

1. C6 coupe 66.32
2. Viper SRT-10 66.60
3. Carrera S coupe 66.71
4. Boxter S 67.27
5. Elise 68.65
6. SLK350 68.91
7. S2k 69.88
8. Z4 3.0i 70.71

You do know this thread is about a drag racing video ?????? :rolleyes:

Sorry Mr tony-tiger sir. Just rolling with the thoughts of the other gentleman sir. ;)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember a fast car with a good driver can beat a very fast car witha decent driver.

example You get a really good viper driver like 1Tony1 and even tho they "claim" the new Z is faster then the SRT and lets say for the sake of argument it is (which it wont be) I would be willing to bet Tony will smoke the Z, (the "faster" car in this example)

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For at least a short while the C6 Z06 will be at the top for drag and autocross, then we'll see what DC really does.
I expect for a LONG while the new zo6 will be at the top AND for approx. $10-15,000 LESS than a new Viper. Check out all the kill stories on the Corvette forum in 6 months!! They will be talking smack just like we do here. Dont count on DC catching up too soon...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave