Viper War 6 at GingerMan Raceway Aug 18 & 19

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's that time of the year again. We are only 10 days away from the longest running VCA Regional road racing event. This year we have dropped the Ferrari label because we are trying to open it up to a wider range of high performance cars. Just as we do that, along come a couple of Ferrari's signing up for the event. To date we only have about 10 spots remaining so if you want to participate in a truely unique and fun event filled with plenty of track time, good food and Viper friends to share time with I encorage you to make plans immediately. For more information or a registration form you can e-mail me direct or go to the Illinois VCA web page and download a registration form.
Because of the late date I would recommend that you fax a copy to me at 847-823-1652 before mailing off the check and form. We need to know that you are coming and we need dinner selections ASAP. This is a two day event which is all inclusive and we will have run groups which place you amongst like skilled drivers so you feel comfortable driving on the track. This is a timed event so there will be trophies handed out on Sunday afternnon.
You are welcomed to come out as a spectator but driving is where it's at. GingerMan is one of the safest tracks in the country.

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there on Saturday to spectate and support the Viper clan!
This will be my second trip to Gingerman (spectated the Viper Days event several weeks ago) and I agree that the track is very nice.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the intriguing cars that is supposed to be there is a Lotus Elise. I would bet that that little machine is going to cause many of us to scratch our heads?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
One of the intriguing cars that is supposed to be there is a Lotus Elise. I would bet that that little machine is going to cause many of us to scratch our heads? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was a Loti driver before Viper...still stay in touch with 'em.

A VCA member in Pac-NW has an Elise...nd a Ferrari 550 as well. There are 2 Elises here total. Lets just say that when he runs with us at track days, keep an eye out. It is small, and sneaks up FAST in corners! Just point em by! At a lower-speed venue like Gingerman, the Elise should indeed impress.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viperrick: Yes it's that time of the year again. We are only 10 days away from the longest running VCA Regional road racing event<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How I fondly remember VFW-I ! Team Viper brought the GTS-R #05 for its public on-track debut. T.V. also brought the 1st RED GTS ever seen....a PPV color of Tomato-Red, never produced. I believe it was the very 1st Wheel-To-Wheel Viper Race. EVER!

Viper fans.......attend / participate in this event!

Bonus: The IL club makes and sells a great Viper-War event T-shirt! It is STILL one of my favorte Viper Ts. [I think they make em smaller each year...XL used to fit...now I need XXL !!!] Check out where to get the T even if you cant go.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motel rooms within 5-7 miles of the track are pretty much sold out. Try this website for other motels in the area. www.gingermanraceway.com/lodging.html
I just checked the following motels this afternoon
Guest House- 616-639-9900 rooms available the 17th only
Hampton Inn- 616-639-8550 FULL
Holiday Inn Express-(Phoenix road) 616-637-8800 FULL
Old Harbor Inn- 616-637-8480 FULL
Inn at Hawkshead- 616-639-2146 FULL
Good Luck and hope to see you at the track!

OP
OP
V

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when we thought the Ferrari's didn't want to play anymore, they come back. So far 6 are planning to attend. The WAR continues!