Viper was the hit if the party

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a little get together today at our house for Labor Day and my SIL asked if I would take her father for a ride in the Viper. Needless to say I obliged. I took it out and ran it through the gears hard and needless to say he was amazed at the amount of torque and power that the car had. I get back and then my brother wanted a ride, then my father wanted a ride. My dad is an old biker when he was young and he is saying, OMG, this thing is quicker than my bike was. Next my SIL decided she wanted a ride. I get back and my mother says, what the hey, take me for a ride too. I was shocked at how giddy mom was when I grabbed a gear. She even says to me, maybe you should have been a drag racer for a living, LOL. I took it somewhat easy for my mom and dad but with everybody else I got rubber on 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. These cars are better then having a roller coaster in your back yard. Everybody loved it and was shocked at how fast the car is. I almost felt a little bad for the car as it definetly got a work out today. :lmao:

I hope everybody else got to take their Vipers out and enjoy them on such a nice day. :2tu:

Disclaimer - Of course this was all on a closed course that is around my house and no traffic laws were broken. ;)

snakebite52

Viper Owner
Reaction score
same here!!! me and my dad had a GREAT cruise today. was a little hot mid day in the viper but it got alot cooler as the day went on. my dad brought it to see 2 friends and they loved it and were amazed by it. we then brought it to a little familly party and everyone was in awe by it. alot of peolple wanted a ride but my dads foot had to rest from all the driving today llol

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you Frank!~! EVERYone is always shocked at the torque these MONSTERS have!!! Glad ya had such a nice day, and good for you for taking everyone for 'spirited' rides (except Mom & Dad of course!)~~~juli

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a family gathering at my moms house and my grandma (about 76 years old I think) told me I had to give her a ride in the Viper. I had my Camaro there that time but told her I'd drive the Viper next time. I brought it over the next day for another cookout and she was ready to go. She had the biggest grin the whole time and told me "I have always wanted a ride in a Viper, I just love these cars". She's never been into cars at all, so I was suprised she even knew what it was. I wrapped out 2nd gear for her and she was loving every second. You just never imagine an old lady loving something like that!

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a family gathering at my moms house and my grandma (about 76 years old I think) told me I had to give her a ride in the Viper. I had my Camaro there that time but told her I'd drive the Viper next time. I brought it over the next day for another cookout and she was ready to go. She had the biggest grin the whole time and told me "I have always wanted a ride in a Viper, I just love these cars". She's never been into cars at all, so I was suprised she even knew what it was. I wrapped out 2nd gear for her and she was loving every second. You just never imagine an old lady loving something like that!
I know, this blew me away too. :lmao: Mom was giddy when I would jump on it a little bit.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is in the shop getting a new paint job...I can't wait to get her out again!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper was the hit of the party

A few weeks ago I met a young guy at what turned out to be a mostly ricer cruise that I hadn't been to before. He had a late model Mustang with a blower that does 10.5s with a 100 shot..

Anyway he was admiring my '01 ACR the whole time and when I went to get in it to leave he begged for a ride. The ride wasn't very long or fast, but he was very happy.

- He was scheduled to head for New Mexico I think it was for 5mos of border guard training three days later

:usa:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These cars are better then having a roller coaster in your back yard.

i couldnt have said it better myself

any time i show up at a party/ or have a party, the first thing i say is, Who wants to go for a spin in the viper before i start drinkin!!!

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember taking my 93yo grandmother for a ride shortly after I got my Viper. She was a stickler when it came to her hair, so for her to ride with the top down was something special! When I got on the gas, I just heard her go "ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Something I'll never forget...here's a shot of grandma in the Viper that day just before we took off!

Grandma_in_Viper.jpg

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember taking my 93yo grandmother for a ride shortly after I got my Viper. She was a stickler when it came to her hair, so for her to ride with the top down was something special! When I got on the gas, I just heard her go "ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Something I'll never forget...here's a shot of grandma in the Viper that day just before we took off!

Grandma_in_Viper.jpg

Very cool, nice shot, that one is a keeper.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
regardless of age and gender...the Viper is a eye catching car and people love to look at it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960