Viper Wins NORC (silverstate) unlimited class

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A VIPER won the Nevada Open Road race (silverstate) last weekend. 197 mph trap speed (unlimited class)

The other 8 Vipers look like they were bumping up against their 165 tech speed :cool:

(and not counting the Viper owner driving a 550 in the 110 mph class)

And What’s with Golder being a navigator?

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Marv, although I personally didn't bump up against my 165 tech speed, it wasn't from lack of HP simply didn't know the calibration of my speedo and had no gps.

I do have knowledge of one individual (to remain nameless) in a viper (NOT a yellow one ;) ) that can produce a pic of 184 mph on his GPS. Might have been 186 mph.

But seriously I don't think any stock yellow ones could do that, do you? :laugh:

Since the yellow ones weren't able to get out of the garage so I guess we'll never know.

PS: Their is another run in September.

:usa:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I wish that I can make it to one of those races one day. You guys are lucky, the roads here in the ne **** :mad:

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Art,

You make an interesting point. Has a Yellow Viper ever run the 318? I don't recall one. Of course you know the motto: "Go Fast.........." ;)

Hope we can make it in Sept.
:D

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool news Marv,got any car/motor tech specs for us to drool over?Paolo's middle name is TOPSPEED,he'll be there soon.?

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jerry Mall is the founder and president of K&N Filters. I don't know what all his GTS has for mods, but safe to say, there are a lot of safety mods along with perf. mods.

Come on out. It's a fun time. A 4 day party.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry Mall is the founder and president of K&N Filters. I don't know what all his GTS has for mods, but safe to say, there are a lot of safety mods along with perf. mods.

Come on out. It's a fun time. A 4 day party.
I wasn't overly nosey about the performance mods but think it was fairly stock.

He does have the best cage I've seen in a Viper. (and I've seen some real nice ones)

I'm planning on going back in Sept. anyone want to join me?