Viperless in 6 hours

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I listed my 03 in the trader and on here. I got a notice that my ad had posted in the trader and in less than 6 hours later it was sold, before my ad on here even had a chance to get approved. Didn't think it would happen that fast, feeling a little sellers remorse. But I guess now the shopping starts for real.

Oh my 03 description is essentially in my sig, and I asked $44 and sold for $42.5k.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dman, how many miles were on her? and what are your plans for the future.....08 or newer?

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
22k even. Yea, looking at April 2008 and newer verts. I was waffling for a while and decided it would be 3-4 yrs before I'm in for a genV, so decided to go for the genIV now.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You actually made out quite good on that deal. Last "fully loaded" gen 3 I sold went for 43k but it had paxton and a bunch of other goodies on it.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you! Im where you were...03 vert as well. Love the car but those gen 4s and hopefully 5s have so much more to offer. Good hunting sir!

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You actually made out quite good on that deal. Last "fully loaded" gen 3 I sold went for 43k but it had paxton and a bunch of other goodies on it.

Whoa, that's crazy, what a deal. I had 2 guys behind this guy, all happy with $42.5k. Maybe the older market is on an upturn. Or maybe just luck and good timing.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely think the market has been going back up Dave...still, a great price for you, IMO.

Hope you get your new car in time for the Crab Feast!

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dman, you have me thinking.....what do you think I could get for my 03 vert with 46000 on it...minimal mods...snake oil intake and a few cosmetic interior upgrades?

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just traded my 03 Vert in for an 08 Coupe. I loved the 03, but it doesn't even compare to the 08. I know its not easy letting a Viper go, but it will be well worth it when you get into a 08 or newer :)

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes, we just went and test drove an 09 and I have to say I wasn't impressed. It was smooth as a vette, quiet, felt kind of numb. I stomped it too, my son asked why it felt slower than my car before I even said anything. It has 5k mis on it and seemed pristine, but I'm feeling a little sellers remorse right now. I'm totally shocked, I was really stoked for the test drive, but felt disappointed. I don't get it??? I'm not panicking or anything, but surprised that I and my son weren't thrilled with the genIV!?!?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of people complain about the lack of "feeling" of low end torque, and of course drive by wire. It's one of the things that kept me out of a Gen IV (money too! lol)

Also remember as each generation is updated, it's further away from what we all originally fell in love with.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now i have not driven a gen4 yet but from what my mechanic says the gen4's dont start gett'n fun till after a certain rpm, i think it was either 3500/4000 rpm....did u rev her up enough????
i have a gen 3 and quite frankly she's fast enough just look'n at her standing still :)

J

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, my son & I took her out for a good test run, with 5K mis I wasn't hesitant to go to redline several times.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 4'***** their stride above 3500 RPM, then it's hang on for dear life...:2tu:
Seriously, 100 more horses, better motor, tranny, brakes and a hundred other things...whats not to like?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 4'***** their stride above 3500 RPM, then it's hang on for dear life...:2tu:
Seriously, 100 more horses, better motor, tranny, brakes and a hundred other things...whats not to like?

Not crazy about the throttle by wire........

Dman - your sellers remorse will be gotten over quickly once you get your new Viper. :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an 06, now 08 ACR. They do feel different, but with a weeks seat time you will realize how much faster the newer car is. On the other hand an 09 DEMO still unsold at a dealer with 5,000 miles on it would not be my idea of a Viper that had been treated right. If that is 5,000 miles of test rides that are allowed to red line then..........If it's a used car then it could be OK.
I'm curious what dealer?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes, we just went and test drove an 09 and I have to say I wasn't impressed. It was smooth as a vette, quiet, felt kind of numb. I stomped it too, my son asked why it felt slower than my car before I even said anything. It has 5k mis on it and seemed pristine, but I'm feeling a little sellers remorse right now. I'm totally shocked, I was really stoked for the test drive, but felt disappointed. I don't get it??? I'm not panicking or anything, but surprised that I and my son weren't thrilled with the genIV!?!?

Stock cars are never any fun!! 3.55s and a little exaust work should do the trick :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte