Vipers with STRIPES!

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need a small favor...

Can anyone who has a Viper with factory racing stripes give me two measurements?

I need a measurement of the width of the stripe (just of one stripe) and the distance between the two stripes at the center of the car.

Preferably in millimeters - then I can convert to whatever I need.

I'm getting my DD repainted and I want "Viper Stripes" on it. I'm going to take the measurements and adjust them proportionally to the car which has a smaller width than the Viper by I believe 7 inches.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!!

Jeff

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They changed by a few fractions from year to year. Anywhere from 8"-8 1/2" wide and 4"-4 1/2" space.

And I wouldn't paint them on. I'd use vinyl.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, Ive got Factory Painted stripes on my 2000 GTS.

The measurements you require are

Stripe Width (in metric) 203.5mm

Gap between Stripes (in metric) 112mm

Hope that helpes :)

:uk:

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a ton!

I considered using vinyl, but paints give the ability to use flake and pearl to add contrast with the rest of the body color, and plus with a coat of clear over the stripes, the effect will be very smooth.

The car is going to be painted in Galactic Gray Metallic (a Toyota color with a blue tint) and the stripes will be in Deep Water Blue Pearlcoat, a dark Chrysler blue.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a ton!

I considered using vinyl, but paints give the ability to use flake and pearl to add contrast with the rest of the body color, and plus with a coat of clear over the stripes, the effect will be very smooth.

It will need several coats of clear to smooth over the ridge of the stripes. In fact, they will have to shoot it, sand it and shoot it several times if you want a perfectly smooth transition from stripe to non-stripe. Gonna get pricey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187