Visiting from the States - What to do?

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, we are visiting from Maine, staying in Niagara Falls until Saturday morning. We did the Niagara Falls touristy thing today, and I think we are going to head to Toronto tomorrow morning to check out the City. We are traveling in the Viper (700 miles to get here) so a nice drive recommendation would be great!

Thanks!

:usa: Nick :usa:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:2tu: You should plan a trip to "South" America, (Louisiana) for Mardi Gras or the Jazz Fest & taste the best Seafood on the planet. Oh yea, the people are the friendliest. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have relatives (distant) somewhere in LA, I would love to come down to a Mardi Gras! I will say though, the folks here in Canada have been AWESOME! The people in general are very friendly and damn do they like to drive fast, I love it. I will say though, the U.S. has Canada beat in the trucker department. As much as I hate dealing with trailer trucks in the U.S., the truck drivers up here are 1000000000000000X worse, it's like they intentionally try to slow people in the passing lane down. But, gotta trade off somewhere I suppose!

:usa: Nick :usa:

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should go to Niagara On The Lake. It's a nice ride on the Niagara Parkway along the river. It's about a 20 min drive from the Falls. I just got back from there actually. A lot of nice little shops and restaurants, albeit a tad on the pricey side though. A lot of wineries in the area as well, most of which offer tours. Toronto is a good choice too...big city with lots to offer. It's about an hour from the Falls. Traffic can be a parking lot real quick. Stay away from typical rush hour times. Leave here after 8:30 and try to head back by about 3 - 3:30, and you should be ok !! Which hotel you staying at? The Falls has a lot of nice restaurants, but watch out for an extra tax some of them might charge. Only tax you have to pay is HST (13%) and liquor tax which I think is still 10%. Too bad I didn't have a free night we could have gone for a nice little cruise. Enjoy your stay. Keep in mind 50km over the speed limit and they take your car and licence away for a week, and fines can be heavy too.

John

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:2tu: I agree. I've been in Canada. Great people. :can1: And being a "Cajun" I guess I may have relatives from Canada too. :lmao: :lmao: :dunno: You ever down this way, send me a PM & We'll show you how us "South Americans" live.:headbang: :2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found this! Doh!

I guess you are no longer here? There goes the idea of meeting up and saying hello! :(

Sorry I did not catch this sooner. :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21