VOI 13 Early Bird Sign-up Here!

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are excited to announce the early-bird sign-up. Everything should be explained here, if any questions, please let us know.

The hotel pricing is not included, but we will book your hotel for you (as noted on the form).

Angela will be doing these sign-ups so any specific questions about your reservations can go to her.

Everything is consistent with earlier VOIs, one thing that is different: In years past we had difficult rules on when stuff is refundable, etc. This time, we will allow you to transfer your registration, for a nominal fee to cover the rebadging costs. This is easier on everyone, and allows some flexibility we never had before.

Thanks!! See you at COTA!

Attachments

• VOI_13_Early_Registration_Form6.pdf
    509.5 KB · Views: 111

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to register online now but it does not allow the form to be typed on unless there is a trick to it? Will have to fax when I get home this weekend. Any suggestions how to enter info in the form via computer? Thanks.

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to register online now but it does not allow the form to be typed on unless there is a trick to it? Will have to fax when I get home this weekend. Any suggestions how to enter info in the form via computer? Thanks.

You can download the PDF file, then use something like Foxit PDF Reader (free)
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

With the software, you can click in the boxes of the form and type in the information. I did that, then saved the modified PDF, and emailed it in to [email protected]

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called the phone and extension listed ext 221 and just got a voice mail. Trying to register that way. Simple way..

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn adobe :) Please, call Angela, she will take it over the phone... The email is in queue to go out, but I'm afraid that won't help you, and you don't want to wait for the site to be up...

See you there!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn adobe :) Please, call Angela, she will take it over the phone... The email is in queue to go out, but I'm afraid that won't help you, and you don't want to wait for the site to be up...

See you there!
All I got was her voice mail, maybe she can return call today. I left my phone and member number.

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much track time? Would like to bring the X and the GTR if allowed.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are absolutely "allowed" to bring any Viper, and we have the ability to make garages available (a small extra fee from the track) for those needing it.

We are working with the instructors now, and frankly it's hard to say exactly how much cota time without knowing exactly how many will be on the track, we are aiming at 20 minutes a participant, with the ability to transfer your significant other's track time to yourself, so you could get 40 minutes on the track. We also have the drags all day, and the autocross.

This is our goal, we haven't hammered it all out with the set of instructors (we're thinking we need more instructors than we've ever had, given the size of the track, and the demand that we're seeing in day 1 of real sign-ups.)

Those calling Angela might have some delay, she is getting badges done, and now processing a lot of VOI sign-ups, so patience is key right now.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in for a garage spot but only if its the one used by the Telcel 01 car the week before so I can still smell the left over fumes. LOL

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 20 minute session, which compares to 1 5 minute session at previous VOIs.

So here are some fun rumors we've heard already:
1) "I talked to my good friends at COTA and all these guys have is parade laps at COTA". Dan and I have 100s of track laps between us, we pay for VOI like everyone else (I was first to sign up mind you, a test of the form), you think we're gonna pay a grand for a parade lap? That's not enough, I know, you don't know me. Do you think we would authorize over a hundred grand for a track for parade laps? The largest single contract the VCA has ever done, for parade laps!? Ok that's not enough I know... Do you think we would pay thousands more for instruction (30-50 instructors, mind you) for PARADE laps!? Come on guys. Ok still, that's not enough. How about this, and print this out if you want. I Greg C, as VP of the VCA, will refund 50% of your VOI price if all you get is a parade lap at COTA. Why can I do that? Because it will be a breach of contract by COTA, and we would get the track for free, that's how.

2) "This is simply a retread of an earlier event"... No Viper club has ever rented COTA. A recent event was had there at $1k, for 1 day on the track. No food, no frills, nothing but 1 session on the track. For $1k. When we told COTA what we were charging, they laughed, as it's simply unheard of (I've said it a hundred times, we pay like the rest of you, ZERO money goes to us, if we make ANY money on this event, which I doubt, I hope it's enough for a Sunday at COTA, regardless, it comes back to you, certainly not to me! )

lastly, we talked with COTA about putting a chicane on the 2 big straights, they are HUGE. When we talked with the instructors they said "naw, these Viper guys will want to push their cars in those straights, we can give proper instruction, there is plenty of run-off, let's just let them enjoy the track". I guarantee you I can hit 170 in one of the straights...

I love rumors, and we'll try and secure that garage spot for you!

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, fantastic news, we have a way forward on a more track oriented day at COTA on Sunday. We will limit the number of Viper sign-ups for maximum track time (think 50 or so). Costs are TBD, but it will be pure pass-through pricing, like the rest of this VOI (as a matter of fact, the VPA is planning on picking up some of the tab for Sunday, so it should be a good deal).

Please don't ask for more details, this is all I have; we will order sign-up eligibility for this extra day based on order of sign-up for VOI itself, so one more incentive to be an early-bird.

Oh, one other fun question, and this might spark some controversy: Why did we go from VOI13-640HP to VOI13-COTA. Well, in case the 640HP number changes by Sept, we didn't want to be under-powered as it were, and COTA isn't going anywhere...

See you there, this VOI continues to get better all the time...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news stated above!! How we doing on owners signed up so far and any updates on the other activities such as the cruise?

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I find the VOI rules on equipment? 5 pt harness dates, helmet, tech requirements, etc.?
It's been a few years since I had her on a track and this looks great!
Thanks, Paul

2001 Red/Silver GTS

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The website (www.voi13.com) is up. As to equipment, helmets are required (but loaners are on hand).

There will be a tech sheet you will need to get filled out, we will also send out a track experience survey, both closer to the event (tech-inspecting your car now does no good :) )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper