Vote to build the coupe

TK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dream about owning a car like the incredible SRT(or any Viper), but also would rather see a coupe. I hope Dodge is waiting to see what the Ford GT(40) is really capable of before it announces any plans of a coupe. This way Dodge can make sure the Viper coupe can kick the Ford GT's asp!! Remember, Ford said the GT was going to reduce the Viper to a garden snake!

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree...and they need to be fully prepared to take the car RACING. and i mean for real, as in LeMans, ALMS, FIAGT, etc. we need the new Viper's presence in what is a very quickly budding GTS grid...

pit

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking forward to my new SRT but I would like a coupe. Has VCA advised Dodge of the demand? (maybe a $ deposit). I cast my vote in favor and let's do it!

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's got me thinking is the way they upped the bar when the RT10 went hardtop. They took what they learned from the previous generation and added power and handling. The Gen II car was a landmark.

I am very interested in hearing the results of road racing the SRT from experienced drivers, comparing the times of the Archers and Mumfords in this new sled to the last generation car.

So far as pro competition it has always and will ever be; Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. And at the non-pro level look at all the guys on the local road courses that went Viper after getting their Ferraris, Vettes etc. spanked by Snakes.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I readily understand for economical reasons why Dodge would hold off on the coupe. Although I initially questioned it, I am sure Dodge is aware of the potential demand. I wonder how many guys in Viper Days or otherwise is willing to race a soft top. In addition, a coupe would have much more room for packing when traveling and I like to take the car on long distance trips. If Dodge had a $ deposit, maybe they would plan on building the coupe sooner(obviously they can do it with their experience with the competition coupe).

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let Dodge improve the Coupe by helping with the Comp Coupe cars ( soon to be out on the track) and learn from the SRT10 cars just
coming out...

The Coupe is coming our way and it will kick A$$ when it shows...

I for one can't wait...

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They know we want a Coupe, thanks to all of you here who have spoken out in favor of one. Time will tell when and what it may be, but if and when it comes you can expect it to be very special and category leading.

PS, 2charmed that sig is great!