Wait times???

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm new to your board, but i've been lurking awhile. you all seem pretty helpful to everyone else and i hope you'll help me. i look forward to meeting you all at some upcoming events. anywho, my question is.....how long is a typical wait time to recieve your car from the factory from the time you place the order? i placed my order three weeks ago today and no one seems to be able to tell me where exactly it is. what process does this car have to go through to get to the dealership? they "the dealership" told me when i ordered it that it was already built and waiting for the "5th car" so it would fill the trailer. i don't know it just seems a little weird but maybe i'm being impatient. :curse: thanks in advance.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You can definitely pick it up at the factory.

CAAP usually does wait until there is a full truck going in a certain direction.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always pick it up at the factory.
who told you this? i was told NO WAY in hell! its not like BMW where you can pick it up at the factory.

You have to tell me how the car in my garage got there then. I guarantee it was never near the selling dealer. Not once.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always pick it up at the factory.
who told you this? i was told NO WAY in hell! its not like BMW where you can pick it up at the factory.

Sorry, incorrect. Viper Factory pickup has been around since at 1996.... A few were informally "picked up" at the factory before then, but in '96 the formal program began with the GTS.

OP
OP
V

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didn't mean to make any of you mad or call you liars. i was just told that it's IMPOSSIBLE to pick up the car at the factory. so i thank you all for telling that you can but it makes me a little irritated at some other people.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. Lots of inaccurate information from lots of sources. If you want the straight scoop, this forum has some very knowledgable people.

CAAP, where the Vipers are assembled in Detroit offers a special program that will allow you to pick up your new Viper at the facility. This is a really neat deal. You can also stop into the Viper Store there and pick up all sorts of accessories, including jackets, polish, models. They carry some unique things that I have seen nowhere else.

Clubs often go to CAAP and get a facilities tour, and see how the Vipers are made. A great chance to see the latest models, and have some fun.

A side benefit of purchasing a new Viper is the bonus where Dodge pays for your first year of VCA membership. This takes a while to get processed, so as soon as you can get a VIN# contact your local ViperClub President to be invited to their next club event. Great fun, and a good way to learn even more about our beloved Vipers.

Welcome to the ViperNation. Come to VOI.9 this September in Vegas to see what Viper Ownership is all about.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we have a factory pick up for superdavz scheduled around the 28th on march, no problem arranging it.Viperva can probably still arrange one by calling 800 998 1110 and ask for Kim.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What did you order, btw? Coupe or convertible?
i ordered a blue coupe. why do you ask?

Just curious. I wonder if dodge did the same thing as when the GTS first came out....80% or whatever production of vipers were the GTS.

I wonder what the percentage of SRT Coupes vs. SRT Convertibles are. Are they allocating most of their time to producing coupes since its the first year out? Or are they still producing more convertibles...plus, didn't I read somewhere that they put a stop to Viper production for about a month or something?

OP
OP
V

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you order, btw? Coupe or convertible?
i ordered a blue coupe. why do you ask?

Just curious. I wonder if dodge did the same thing as when the GTS first came out....80% or whatever production of vipers were the GTS.

I wonder what the percentage of SRT Coupes vs. SRT Convertibles are. Are they allocating most of their time to producing coupes since its the first year out? Or are they still producing more convertibles...plus, didn't I read somewhere that they put a stop to Viper production for about a month or something?

you know its funny you write that last line. i just found out that the plant was closed for three weeks and reopened a week ago. whatever, this run around i'm getting is starting to piss me off.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the vendor section here. Look for Woodhouse Dodge and Bill Pemberton at that dealership. They also have a banner at the top of this site you can click on. Or Chuck Tator at Tator Dodge. Or John Gastman at Roanoke Dodge. All in the vendor section with contact information. They will all give you the straight story even though they did not sell you the car. I believe two of the above gentlemen have the model you want in stock already. Once you hear their prices and hear they have your car in stock you may wind up canceling your current order. They should also be able to tell you how to change to a factory pickup but the lady mentioned at the 800 number above should be able to direct you also.
Good luck!

OP
OP
V

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the vendor section here. Look for Woodhouse Dodge and Bill Pemberton at that dealership. They also have a banner at the top of this site you can click on. Or Chuck Tator at Tator Dodge. Or John Gastman at Roanoke Dodge. All in the vendor section with contact information. They will all give you the straight story even though they did not sell you the car. I believe two of the above gentlemen have the model you want in stock already. Once you hear their prices and hear they have your car in stock you may wind up canceling your current order. They should also be able to tell you how to change to a factory pickup but the lady mentioned at the 800 number above should be able to direct you also.
Good luck!

what 800 number mentioned above?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang