WANTED: Clutch hydraulic part

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in need of that little white piece on the part of the hydraulic line that goes into the slave cylinder. It goes into the connection to release the metal "fingers" to disconnect the line to take the tranny out.

Chuck Tator said I would have to buy the whole clutch master cylinder assembly to get that piece.

Anyone?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't that stay on hose part (normally) ? You should be able to make one out of plastic for temporary use to disconnect. I have all that at home where I can see it. If your not in a hurry I will be home Sunday and I can see if there is a solution. I don't think you need to buy anything.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok...sounds good Tony.

Whoever took the tranny out the first time f***ed it up...and ever since it has taken about 30min just to undo the connection.

But yea...I'm in no hurry.

Steve

vettekiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you go to the parts store you should be able to find a fuel hose repair end in the help section. i have used them to repair lines i think i got them from napa auto parts. i have one in my tool box i think it is the same size.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2001GTS- Just a heads up..

I dont know "how" important this piece is to you, but you can pick up a complete, brand new master cylinder and hose assembly for a gen-3 (not sure off the top of my head on compatibility with Gen-2, due to pushrod length, though the rest is identicle) for about 60 bucks... and you would still have 99% of the assembly to keep as a spare, or unload on Ebay. hell, i'd give you 45 bucks back for it tomorrow if you wanted, minus that piece.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 GTS, PM me your address. The rear brake calipers have two attaching bolts. The smaller one uses a nylon sleeve to allow friction-free side to side movement of the caliper (since it's single piston.) It's too easy for me to send you this not to try it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4