Warranty affected by self-maintanance?

verc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does doing maintenance yourself affect the warranty on a 3rd gen? I pretty much do my work and only take my cars in for 60k service/inspections, but with something like a Viper I don't want to screw myself by saving a few thousand by maintaining it myself but then paying 10,000 for a new motor or something.

Thanks
Ambert

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I usually do brakes,oil changes, plugs and wires myself. I make sure to buy the oil filter from the dealer and buy the recommended oil. I save the dealer receipts for everything and keep them for my records.
Tranni fluid changes and rear oil changes I'll probably do myself but maybe not. It depend's on how easy it is to refill the fluid. I have a 4 Post Lift in my garage so it make's thing's a little easier. I just did my first oil change in the 06' Coupe at 940 mi. and kept the receipt for the oil from NAPA Auto Supply. The Wizard sent me the Mopar oil filter so when I drop off my car to him for the exhaust I'll get the receipt for my records.
I was told by the dealer that as long as you keep your receipts you are O.K., but who know's. I'll probably go to The Wizard for the longer interval service checkup's, but not for every oil change. :drive:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ditto and they have to PROVE something you did caused it. and thats pretty hard to do

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is correct. As long as you can prove you have done the services at the proper mileage and times and have saved your receipts you are home free. There is no law saying the dealer has to perform services. Not yet anyway, but the day is coming!

Robbie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixagg